April 16, 2024, 06:01:17 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lifters for cheapskates

Started by wfolarry, April 03, 2016, 01:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfolarry

I also have genuine GM lifters for $40 + shipping for those of you willing to take a chance.

[smg id=2751]

Olie

Been reading a lot lately about these GM lifters. I'm seeing those that are for them and those against. What is the gain when going with these over a different aftermarket made specifically for the TC motors? $40 is a lot better than $200

wfolarry

Quote from: Olie on April 03, 2016, 02:29:18 PM
Been reading a lot lately about these GM lifters. I'm seeing those that are for them and those against. What is the gain when going with these over a different aftermarket made specifically for the TC motors? $40 is a lot better than $200

The only gain is you saved some $$$. You have to decide if it's worth it.
My lifters are made for the Twin Cam motor to provide more oil to the top end. The GM lifters are made to looser tolerances but they can get away with it because they run more oil pressure. a lot of guys run the automotive lifters without problems. If you're one of those guys that's always chasing a noise in the rocker box then the GM style lifter isn't for you.