March 28, 2024, 04:23:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Spring Projects?

Started by JW113, April 10, 2016, 03:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JW113

Man alive, the Ironhead forum is dead! Ya'll still trying to thaw out from the winter?

Well, at least "I" am working on an Ironhead!  :SM:  I think I've gotten it to a point where all the modifications are done, and will commence with taking it all back apart and send the parts to the powder coat shop. Still have not settled on a tail light and license plate mount, will likely go with a left side rear axle mount or something.

[attach=0]

So, what is it?

1978 XL
90s vintage Fatboy front end
Akront aluminum wheels (16 x 3.5)
Custom front & rear fenders
Rear fender mounted to rear swing arm
Sprung seat
3.2 gal tank
5" rise T bar

The motor is basically stock, P cams, ported heads, S&S E carb.

Hope to have it on the road in June if all goes well.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

ihrescue

My Spring 16 project is to get a 77 XLH running. I just bought it and an 83 XLH that the engine is disassembled on. The 77 XL is complete but has some funky wiring that I need to straighten out. I also received a number of goodies in the part boxes including one S&S Super B single cable, an S&S Super B 81 that is complete with manifold and AC, a S&S Shorty E complete w/ manifold and AC, a horizontal HD oil cooler in original display doc complete and a real nice 82-83 Corbin Gentry leather seat. So I am getting these items cleaned up to sell. Have a bunch of other parts that I still need to look over and that should take me through Spring.

Mike in Central Maryland

garyajaz

I bout ready to drag my ol iron out of storage.
its too hot to kick in june july and aug.
other button bikes spoil me.
but the iron is a fun ride.
don't know if I have enough butt to kick it anymore. 
lost 80 pounds.

that indian in pix looks good