May 08, 2024, 09:03:03 PM

News:

Road King audio with amp ?

Started by Just Nick, April 15, 2016, 11:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Nick

I have a Customer that wants me to install a set of hard bags with speaker lids and a amp to run with his I pod. We are going to use the pbr300 and fosgate 6x9 speakers but how do I make this work with no radio on the bike? Is there a module or something else I need to install so the amp will read the I phone. And could I still run his Harley handle bars speaker kit on it that he has now?

I don't do a lot of radio stuff mainly performance and service so I am stumped
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

UltraNutZ

take the 3.5mm plug coming out of the i.X or any other device with 3.5mm connector and use this to convert it to RCA for input to the amp.  the volume will be controlled by the device.

http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1780&gclid=Cj0KEQjwosK4BRCYhsngx4_SybcBEiQAowaCJQ_9SSbGgjmycXbuA5uNIFAxarUb5PzezGofGAubfbEaAhki8P8HAQ
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Just Nick

Thanks Todd Make me look dumb its that easy really

UltraNutZ

UltraNutZ

actually Nick.. one more thing.  you'll need to run the rem IN wire to the acc position or to a toggle switch to turn the amp off and on.

Coyote

And if you don't want a cable visible and plugged into the phone, then there's ways to do that as well.

UltraNutZ

oh yeah.. keep forgetting about that damn thing called bluetooth

technology!

Just Nick

he already has the Harley handle bars speakers with a mini amp hooked up and a Harley phone bag thing with magnets in it on the fuel tank and some wires run to it so the wires will be a ok

biggzed

I know this is from last week, but.... Wouldn't a lightning cable to RCA be better than the 3.5 wire? That way the iPod could charge while on the bike, or do you lose volume control that way?

Zahc

UltraNutZ

you could certainly use something like this to accomplish your task, yes

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/iS7505.html

Raleigh111

April 27, 2016, 10:00:36 AM #10 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:03:30 AM by Raleigh111
Quote from: Just Nick on April 15, 2016, 03:05:00 PM
I don't do a lot of radio stuff mainly performance and service so I am stumped
Nick
mount a set of 640s to the handle bars straight up. run the forged speaker wires under the seat to the 150tq amp. that should power your 150hp speakers in the bottom end just fine. Dont forget to add the rocker lockers or it will rattle above 3/4 volume.

You just need someone to speak your lingo.
Harleys are addicting and im out of money. Accepting donations! 120 132hp 146tq

HD/Wrench

We just did my 12 RG on sat.. I sent the unit to Iron cross audio blue tooth and pre amp..  The stock amp is dirty so for better quality you go pre amps.. We added a hog wired 400 watt amp and HAT infinity series speakers ( with cross overs ) The infinity now replace the clarus series if I recall.. I am blown away at how great it sounds.. Now to add one more amp and sub's in the lowers re adjust the cross overs to complete the system.. Might even add new tour packs as well. Even though going down the road you cannot hear them well  , but simple to do.  Karl from No cage Audio helped me out there ..

I have a filter on the power kit to a USB cord that I mounted so I can plug anything I want that is USB into it .

Just Nick

Quote from: Coyote on April 15, 2016, 03:41:44 PM
And if you don't want a cable visible and plugged into the phone, then there's ways to do that as well.

He wants blue tooth now so what do I need for that ?

Just Nick

Would the jl audio blue tooth marine receiver be all I need

UltraNutZ

Coyote

Quote from: Just Nick on May 11, 2016, 01:51:45 PM
Quote from: Coyote on April 15, 2016, 03:41:44 PM

He wants blue tooth now so what do I need for that ?

If you are buying an amp, what UN says would probably be cleanest.

If you are adding BT to an existing install, then the BT-100 module should plug right in with an adapter cable.

Regardless how you do it, make sure you take all power and grounds straight back to the battery.  It eliminates so many noise issues...

Coyote

UltraNutZ

no kidding.. technology.. I'm getting too old to keep up with it!  lol

Hossamania

Quote from: UltraNutZ on May 11, 2016, 04:02:39 PM
no kidding.. technology.. I'm getting too old to keep up with it!  lol

Ain't that the truth? I feel the same way.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.