May 09, 2024, 09:55:59 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

BT 2180 & 4 Speakers

Started by lilchief, June 04, 2016, 09:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilchief

I had California Phil get me the 2015 & up RG2180 amp & speaker kit. I ended up putting the 2 Titan speakers in the fairing,  and added two 6.5" Polk dxi speakers in the lower fairings. After this, the sound wasn't as crisp as it was with just the 2 Titan's in the fairing. I contacted BT via email, and recieved a call from Mike, who is one of their techs. After talking with him about what the problem was with the sound quality, he suggested I reboot the system,  and he emailed me instructions on how to do so. Well, I did the reboot this morning, and viola! There's the awesome sound and clarity I was looking for! The system with the 4 speakers is very loud & clear.
If anyone else experiences this issue, please pm me & I'll email you the pdf instructions that BT sent me. As stated numerous times by others, the customer service at BT is second to none (well maybe 2nd to California Phil  :wink:)
Lil Chief

speed limit

I`ve been dealing with the same issue I added bt 6.5s in the lowers and the sound has been harsh, just got around to adding poly-fil today and i see this post about robot, how`s it done?
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

lilchief

I'll try and attach the pdf instructions to this post. Let's see if it works.
Lil Chief

speed limit

Thanks Chief my radio has been flashed 0 amp 4 speakers, the poly-has solved my issue the harshness its gone and rich fullness has been restored, thats good info incase I ever want to remove flash and and bt 355 line leveler

lilchief

Mine hasn't been flashed at all. In fact, I just removed the Polks & installed two Titan's in the lowers that I bought dirt cheap, still brand new in the box. I think I am going to remove a bit of the poly fill from my fairing speaker pods though. I have the sound deadening matting in my lower pods, it helps out quite a bit with those.

Lil Chief

speed limit

Quote from: lilchief on June 16, 2016, 12:29:07 PM
Mine hasn't been flashed at all. In fact, I just removed the Polks & installed two Titan's in the lowers that I bought dirt cheap, still brand new in the box. I think I am going to remove a bit of the poly fill from my fairing speaker pods though. I have the sound deadening matting in my lower pods, it helps out quite a bit with those.

Lil Chief
The poly-fil made such an improvement in the lowers I think I`ll put some in the
fairing pods fairing pods

UltraNutZ

don't put too much.  just line the lower and the rear pod with a thin layer.  that's all you need in those small areas.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons