May 08, 2024, 12:17:14 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SERT ECM tuning Constants?

Started by kristian, June 16, 2016, 09:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kristian

If one was to choose a map for example that had a stage 2 upgrade, big bore with a/c and pipes but no cam work, editing the ecm tuning constants, would that change the parameters of the engine but keep the original big bore map?? 

eg.

(current setup) 1450 a/c and full pipes 2006 tc88

(new map)  1550 a/c and pipes but no cam change

if i edited the new map and changed the 1550(95) down to 1450(88) buy editing the ecm constant box, would i keep the 1550 mapping but down scale it the 88??

i dont know if this makes any sense to anyone trying to read this but if it does, id like to hear your thoughts.  thanks

what im trying to do is just fatten up the tc88's map for a little more fuel, its a hair lean to me, thats the intent.
Kris

remington007

Yes it would scale back the map.

rigidthumper

Timing between the two maps is slightly different, simply due to the bigger motor having slightly more compression.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

kristian

Quote from: remington007 on June 16, 2016, 01:04:31 PM
Yes it would scale back the map.

thanks, wasnt sure if that area was just for editing the maps name/info or if it did exactly that.
thanks. 
Quote from: rigidthumper on June 16, 2016, 01:53:16 PM
Timing between the two maps is slightly different, simply due to the bigger motor having slightly more compression.

yah, figured on that later after i posted, as you said, the comp is diff and therefore some timing might/wil be off
Kris

strokerjlk

Quote from: kristian on June 16, 2016, 09:35:14 AM
If one was to choose a map for example that had a stage 2 upgrade, big bore with a/c and pipes but no cam work, editing the ecm tuning constants, would that change the parameters of the engine but keep the original big bore map?? 

eg.

if i edited the new map and changed the 1550(95) down to 1450(88) buy editing the ecm constant box, would i keep the 1550 mapping but down scale it the 88??

i dont know if this makes any sense to anyone trying to read this but if it does, id like to hear your thoughts.  thanks

what im trying to do is just fatten up the tc88's map for a little more fuel, its a hair lean to me, thats the intent.
you can just change the areas that you want to fatten up in your current map. . use the AFR table.
or you could add ci to the 88 ci map to fatten the whole map up.
if you're just swapping maps around and neither one has the VE tables calibrated,you are just rolling the dice .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

kristian

Quote from: strokerjlk on June 19, 2016, 05:36:14 AM
Quote from: kristian on June 16, 2016, 09:35:14 AM

eg.

you can just change the areas that you want to fatten up in your current map. . use the AFR table.
or you could add ci to the 88 ci map to fatten the whole map up.
if you're just swapping maps around and neither one has the VE tables calibrated,you are just rolling the dice .

thanks strokerjlk, thats whats worrying!!  i feel comfortable playing in the afr area but the ve tables is confusing, im working on that, id like to mod/make a map eventually for this 88 to run with andrews 48 cams, till then, stock with some popping that ive edited out, not bad for a newb!!   :beer:
Kris