May 08, 2024, 08:00:59 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PV tune

Started by lost_harley, June 20, 2016, 11:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lost_harley

So I got this new Powervision, put it on a S&S 124 crate engine with 6.2g injectors and I want to get a decent map going to road tune a bit with my autotune. Dynojet sent me a tune but I think it's WAAAYYYY off as it's really rich since I can smell fuel, and the new WB sensors read 19.90?? Can anyone tell me if this map is as off as I believe?

misfitJason

They read that because it is the wrong channel that you are logging.  Go to dynojet and select afr1 and afr2 for the widebands.   It may be rich but 19.9 would be lean.  Way lean
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

rbabos

Quote from: misfitJason on June 20, 2016, 02:15:16 PM
They read that because it is the wrong channel that you are logging.  Go to dynojet and select afr1 and afr2 for the widebands.   It may be rich but 19.9 would be lean.  Way lean
Been there, done that? :wink:
Ron

harleytuner

You're going to try to road tune that build?

glens

Mightn't it be possible to read that lean if it was way too rich and getting the sensor wet with fuel, confusing it?

lost_harley

harley tuner, I'm merely trying to get it out of the garage. 'Not trying to be a "richard" here, but if there's a tuner within say 50 miles of Eagan minnesota, I'm all for someone else doing it...... it's been THREE years with ZERO help and I do mean without so much as hand me a wrench except on here so and if someone, ANYONE could help then please do.... I need to ride..... in the mean time.... misfit, you were spot on.... I changed the channels and got some numbers, but not enough to run against "my tune" to find out how rich. I do though though, that while trying to idle it, I got numbers in the 9" and 10's??

harleytuner

Quote from: lost_harley on June 20, 2016, 06:21:33 PM
harley tuner, I'm merely trying to get it out of the garage. 'Not trying to be a "richard" here, but if there's a tuner within say 50 miles of Eagan minnesota, I'm all for someone else doing it...... it's been THREE years with ZERO help and I do mean without so much as hand me a wrench except on here so and if someone, ANYONE could help then please do.... I need to ride..... in the mean time.... misfit, you were spot on.... I changed the channels and got some numbers, but not enough to run against "my tune" to find out how rich. I do though though, that while trying to idle it, I got numbers in the 9" and 10's??

Not criticizing you at all, that's just a tall order to street tune IMO.  are you HC or LC?  I've tuned a bunch with the PV but we usually don't go 6.2 inj.  What are you running for a pipe also?  I may have a MAP that will get you started?  Are you basic tuning or pro tuning?

lost_harley

HC and the pipes are S&S powertune duals and with the autotune module and WB sensors, I'm running pro tune. I apologize for sounding harsh tuner, I'm just needing to get it on the road and summer is too short up here.

harleytuner

Quote from: lost_harley on June 20, 2016, 07:44:28 PM
HC and the pipes are S&S powertune duals and with the autotune module and WB sensors, I'm running pro tune. I apologize for sounding harsh tuner, I'm just needing to get it on the road and summer is too short up here.

Pm me your email and ill send you one that hopefully will get you going to run the pro tune.

lost_harley

OK, back here again.... I got a great start to a map ****thank you Chad*****

But............... I still cannot get it to idle. When it's cold it fires right up :) but when it reaches only 75 - 90 degrees it starts running really rough then dies. When I restart it, it takes a little throttle twist and wont stay running at all. I smell fuel and the 02 sensors on my PV read between 9 and 11 so I know I'm running rich. I've tried adjusting the VE's in the lower range to lean them out on the map I have attached, but it stays the same. This is an S&S 124 with 58MM TB and 6.2g injectors and S&S power tune duals on an 07 touring. I'm stumped as to what to do next besides the obvious of taking it to a professional. But funds are a little tight and I would like to AT LEAST just get it out of the garage first. Should I just turn off the AT option?

FireRescue

If your looking for a tuner near eagan I recommend looking up Doug Lofgren aka ugly doubly. Last I new he was working @ St. Boni Motorsports. He is very good, recommended by a lot of people and did my bike a while back. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

KE5RBD

Quote from: lost_harley on June 24, 2016, 08:41:21 AM
OK, back here again.... I got a great start to a map ****thank you Chad*****

But............... I still cannot get it to idle. When it's cold it fires right up :) but when it reaches only 75 - 90 degrees it starts running really rough then dies. When I restart it, it takes a little throttle twist and wont stay running at all. I smell fuel and the 02 sensors on my PV read between 9 and 11 so I know I'm running rich. I've tried adjusting the VE's in the lower range to lean them out on the map I have attached, but it stays the same. This is an S&S 124 with 58MM TB and 6.2g injectors and S&S power tune duals on an 07 touring. I'm stumped as to what to do next besides the obvious of taking it to a professional. But funds are a little tight and I would like to AT LEAST just get it out of the garage first. Should I just turn off the AT option?

Here is a map that should get you out of the garage. 
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.