2011 Street Glide: CD not accepting disks

Started by Ratfade, July 31, 2016, 06:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratfade

The bike is under an ESP, but I like to know as much as I can before I ask the dealer to fix anything. Basically, the CD will not go into the player without a little "encouragement". Once in, it will not play and it is as if the player doesn't recognize that there's a disk in there. And no, there isn't another disk already in there:-).
I don't use the player that much, and the day before this started I rode 240 miles in the rain. Might there be a connection there?
I'm thinking the solution might be just to replace the unit.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Tommy D

Quote from: Ratfade on July 31, 2016, 06:28:28 AM
The bike is under an ESP, but I like to know as much as I can before I ask the dealer to fix anything. Basically, the CD will not go into the player without a little "encouragement". Once in, it will not play and it is as if the player doesn't recognize that there's a disk in there. And no, there isn't another disk already in there:-).
I don't use the player that much, and the day before this started I rode 240 miles in the rain. Might there be a connection there?
I'm thinking the solution might be just to replace the unit.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Tony 
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,77612.0.html
Acts 4:12

UltraNutZ

ESP warranty will take care of that for you.

I doubt (unless you rode around with CD door open) that water caused your issues.

I would suspect based on what you're saying that 1) the CD is not tracking properly into the unit and then once it's encouraged, it's not seating properly in the internal mechanism therefore you have the play issues.  I can honestly tell you not to waste your time with the CD cleaner CDs.  They don't work and are a ripoff.  Dust/dirt and normal wear/tear is likely to be your culprit and if you made it 5 years without issue on the stock radio, you did good.  Let HD replace it under ESP and hopefully you'll get another 5 years out of it.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Ratfade

Quote from: UltraNutZ on August 02, 2016, 06:12:11 AM
ESP warranty will take care of that for you.

I doubt (unless you rode around with CD door open) that water caused your issues.

I would suspect based on what you're saying that 1) the CD is not tracking properly into the unit and then once it's encouraged, it's not seating properly in the internal mechanism therefore you have the play issues.  I can honestly tell you not to waste your time with the CD cleaner CDs.  They don't work and are a ripoff.  Dust/dirt and normal wear/tear is likely to be your culprit and if you made it 5 years without issue on the stock radio, you did good.  Let HD replace it under ESP and hopefully you'll get another 5 years out of it.

Thank you.