March 28, 2024, 07:18:21 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

BUELL

Started by garyajaz, August 17, 2016, 09:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyajaz

just thought I would start a thread here with the word Buell in it instead of V-rod....
lol

weather people here still lying. saying this week will be cooling trend.
ya know, 105-106.
nope. every day been the same 111-113. it does cool down to 100 about 10 pm,
my early morning rides been on the XB. dyna too big and heavy to wrestle out and put up when hot.
Buell I can just push out backwards and ride in.
lighter and better riding for short distances. (a.c. to a.c.)

next month should start our riding season.
how you all doing??

tommy g

Being as you axed, it was a nice and sunny 73 degrees up here today, we call that warm, and went for a spirited ride of a couple hundred miles with a feller on not a Buell but a Victory. We kinda raced a little and by crack them Victorys go not too badly.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

Brrrap

Daughters Buell has been really pushing its luck, or has it's luck run out I'm wondering? She's put over 2 thousand miles on that little bugger in the past 2 months and couple days ago it backfired out of the carb while being started. Well, it seems it never did start and she pulled the cover off the air cleaner. She says its a bit oily in there and the oil appears to be with a bit of metal flake to it. That don't sound good at all!  I can easily figure what I'll be looking into this weekend. This thread and report will certainly be a first for me in the Buell department here at HTT!
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

Pete_Vit

My son has a 2006 or 2008 I forget, XB9, I HATE IT  :teeth: even thou we adjusted the shocks I'm vertically challenged and can't feel comfortable on the bike at a stop, and he keeps passing my A$$  :doh:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

thunderrat

I'm excited .  My new Buell, a 1996 s2,  Yahoooo!

But boohoo,  I can't get my photos under the size limit

garyajaz

lol tommy.  73 warm? hell I would be putting on leathers and long johns that cold.
the vics run. but YOU should own the corners.

Brrapp...oops, metal dosent ever sound good.
what buell she have? good luck and let us know.

Pete.  yep, they are tallish, I thinking he keeps passing you is the real problem...
I have old dirt bikes for same reason. got on a newer 450 and literally needed to stand on a milk crate to mount it.
and I am 6'1"
ok if don't plan on stopping.  lol. have to find a gully or wash if want to get off and get back on.
plenty of suspension though.
just cant dab a foot.

thunderrat/buell  use photobuckett then post link here.
you will have fun.
(how to have fun is on page 3 of manual)

thunderrat

OK, I uploaded  a couple of photos to HTT link.  That's as far as I got.  Will try to get the link here tomorrow..........ted

thunderrat

See if this downloads. 

New to me, 96 S2.   Trying to give you some support in the Buell section Gary.

thunderrat

The other side with bags on.

turboprop

I think tube frame Buell's are going to see a surge in popularity in coming years. Very neat bikes and the current prices for them are still very low. I had a XB12R that I bought right after harley announced they were shutting the doors on Buell. Really liked that bike and not sure why I even sold it. I plan to buy a late model tube frame Buell in the next year.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

thunderrat

Tubers are great bikes, just a few peculiarities with them but that's what we love about them.  Having owned several S2's and a S1W, I'd highly recommend the S2. Handling on the S2 is not nearly as quick as the S1 but they track straight as an arrow way past the ton and get smoother the faster you go. I say go for it while the prices are still good, and enjoy the ride..................ted

Brrrap

Daughters Buell is OK. We had been on a few roads around here recently that have a black powdered crystaline type surface freshly laid down. Some of that had collected in the nooks and crannies of her bike. The problem of not starting was simply the result of a loose rubber intake sleeve connecting the carb and engine. Its a Buell "Blast" that's better known as a "Thumper". Intake loose, Bike Farted and knocked the Carb free,  bike couldn't draw gas. Re-fitted it and tightened it down good and she's a happy camper again. I'll try to make sure her next bike is a Shovelhead to continue the lesson of keeping things tight.  :wink:
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

garyajaz

beautiful bike thunder.
really like the hard bags.
also I noticed us stepchildren placed even further to bottom with the addition of the Milwaukee 8 forum.
sheesh, what next?

thunderrat

thanks Gary. 

I also have the narrow bags, although I'm not quite sure what they're good, can't fit much in them.   Sort of like the razor tour pak HD had (still does?).

Shouldn't the Buell section at least be ahead of the v-rods?

garyajaz

I also thinking ahead of v-dog.   :hyst:
we have more topics, more posts and Buell starts with a B not a V.
oh well, I also hear this is last year for V-dog.
we still at bottom... :potstir:

Carl 1969

I came this close to buying a new '98 S3T when I got back from Bosnia. I had taken a Sporty on a 5500 mile road trip (Sturgis '96). Got to demo a new S1 in '96 & was hooked. Always thought the S3 woulda been the best of both worlds for me. Hotrod Sportster + killer handling & ride? Are you kidding me? What's not to love?

Ended up with a brand-new '99 FLTR instead & while I dug that bike, I wish I'da bought the Buell. Very cool bikes.
Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben
Sergeant First Class, US Army, Retired

garyajaz

now the time to get one Carl.
I got mine cheap 4-5 years ago.
got the XB with a sporty motor. parts everywhere.
(nothing but brakes, tires and batts needed so far)
and nothing exotic. (rotax)

local guy,  I looked over  bike, had a 06 XB 1200 slightly mod for 3k or 3.5K
had the clip on bars....  so..no..
they some times hurt a old guy to ride.
but they are fun.

thunderrat

Gary,  sounds like you got a real nice deal on the XB.  I heard they're a great ride but have never got the chance to ride one. Be safe and have fun riding while we snow birds who are stuck up here are getting ready to put our scoots in hibernation.