May 02, 2024, 01:15:54 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Internal Balancer

Started by City Chicken, August 23, 2016, 08:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yobtaf103

Quote from: PoorUB on September 04, 2016, 03:07:03 PM
Lets get the '18 speculation going!

I wonder with HD dropping the V-Rod, at least state side, and this new engine with a balancer what is coming next year? It seems to me for HD to build two balanced engines is a waste of resources. Maybe next year the SofTails will have the same M-8 with a different counter balancer and the current "B" motor will be gone.

+1 on that, but with better suspension/brakes lol

Is this where the V-Rod genre ends, or not maybe after seeing the experimental V4 castings?

Bigbluff

Harley invested a lot in the VRod assembly plant, in Kansas City. I suspect they are working on something to replace the VRod. Since the VRod already broke the Harley mold, I would hope that Harley would consider that platform to be a place to experiment with more expanding of the envelope. But since Dynas, Sportsters, and the 750/500 bikes are all assembled in Kansas City, Harley may be content to just let it be and let the VRod die quietly.
In all that time he was riding through the desert he could have named that horse

mp

Undoubtedly, the Twin Cam will be gone next year.  I suppose they might put a slightly different balancer in the Softails if the current one shakes too much when hard-mounted.
What interests me is what they do with the Dynas.  New tri-mount frame?  The company has definitely noticed the current revival of interest in the FXR.

biglew55

Quote from: mp on September 09, 2016, 03:53:50 PM
Undoubtedly, the Twin Cam will be gone next year.  I suppose they might put a slightly different balancer in the Softails if the current one shakes too much when hard-mounted.
What interests me is what they do with the Dynas.  New tri-mount frame?  The company has definitely noticed the current revival of interest in the FXR.
I posted this on a different forum, but it seems to be relevant here as well.

This has been my thinking since the rumor started. With the recent resurgence in popularity of the FXR, and the similarity of it to the touring frame, why not resurrect that old platform in some variation? Also, if you recall, there was some word of renewing the trademark for the "Sport Glide" name.

Is this the death of the Dyna that we're predicting?

Let's think about this: An M8 powered FXR-style bike that comes stock with a 180 rear and a 100/19 front with 6 speeds and cruise? Maybe set one up like the old FXDXT?

HELL YES!!!
2020 FLHTK - 2018 BMW R1200 GSA - 1965 FLHFB
IBA #595

jpooch00

As for balanced H-D motors, I've never owned one, nor will I, ever.  SO glad I broke down and got my sweet little '15 Limited when I did!  Got a goodun & she's a keeper!

Probably could have gotten a slightly better deal on a leftover '16.  Screw it.