March 28, 2024, 02:17:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2017 Models

Started by rbabos, August 23, 2016, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

No meaningfull changes for 2017 if anyone cares. Bike has basically unchanged since 2012 other then paint options.
Ron

rigidthumper

Not a bad thing when you're talking about the most reliable HD built.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

rbabos

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 23, 2016, 10:21:51 AM
Not a bad thing when you're talking about the most reliable HD built.
Good point.
Ron

00se

Dealer is back from the meeting. He said the last V-Rod be will be built September 26th of this year.

rbabos

Quote from: 00se on August 25, 2016, 04:50:29 PM
Dealer is back from the meeting. He said the last V-Rod be will be built September 26th of this year.
Cool. Then again that's been the rumor for the last 5 years so  :idunno:
Ron

-deuced-

Quote from: 00se on August 25, 2016, 04:50:29 PM

Strange they would even have MY17.

WI Bob

Two local dealers say the V-Rod plant is closing in October.
Just here for the women.

rbabos

Quote from: WI Bob on September 11, 2016, 08:24:00 PM
The Street will likely be on the line with increase production to replace it. What a big pile of steaming  :turd: that bike is. :sick: At least the vrod had some class to it.
Street is ugly as sin and looks like it was wired by a 5 year old.
Ron

Eccool

Quote from: rbabos on September 12, 2016, 10:30:30 AM
The Street will likely be on the line with increase production to replace it. What a big pile of steaming  :turd: that bike is. :sick: At least the vrod had some class to it.
Ron

Why would they replace a dog (in terms of sales volume), the V-Rod, with another dog (the Street)?  My local dealer has two year old Streets for sale.  They aren't replacing the V-Rod with anything; they are going to let it die like they should, since it bombed in the marketplace.

rbabos

Quote from: Eccool on September 12, 2016, 10:42:38 AM
Quote from: rbabos on September 12, 2016, 10:30:30 AM
Ron

Why would they replace a dog (in terms of sales volume), the V-Rod, with another dog (the Street)?  My local dealer has two year old Streets for sale.  They aren't replacing the V-Rod with anything; they are going to let it die like they should, since it bombed in the marketplace.
Beats me :idunno: Quality and price would deter most buyers. You can get a real nice slightly used Honda for that and have a better bike. Looks like an ok urban bike but I wouldn't want to show up at bike night with it unless I covered the HD log with a big YUGO sticker.
Ron

Hal64hd

I highly doubt the plant will close, seeing how the Sportster's, Dyna's and Streets are built at the same plant.

Just Nick

The plant is not closing they just are discontinuing the vrod. It does not sell like they thought it ever would and they are done after over a decade of holding on to it. I hear its big in Europe but not in the states. I find it hard to believe they are getting rid of it but it seems to be true.
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

Hossamania

A great motor that they never did anything with to broaden it's appeal. V-Rod is a great bike, but didn't draw in the HD crowd like cruisers and tourers. Disappointing they didn't try it in another platform.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

rbabos

Quote from: Hossamania on September 22, 2016, 01:29:03 PM
A great motor that they never did anything with to broaden it's appeal. V-Rod is a great bike, but didn't draw in the HD crowd like cruisers and tourers. Disappointing they didn't try it in another platform.
None the less, in the 15 year run they sold 150000 units all over the world. More then I thought actually. The bike is, was in a class all it's own. Can't compete with crotch rockets nor is it a full blown cruiser. Since it's fortunately classed as a cruiser for insurance purposes and that is a big pluss, I call it a power cruiser. In that aspect it does well, at least for me. Wicking it from 4-9k never gets old after miles of boring 60-70 mph steady state. The bike will be around for a long time still and aftermarket guys will be busy as usual.
Ron

Hossamania

Quote from: rbabos on October 18, 2016, 05:06:17 AM
None the less, in the 15 year run they sold 150000 units all over the world. More then I thought actually. The bike is, was in a class all it's own. Can't compete with crotch rockets nor is it a full blown cruiser. Since it's fortunately classed as a cruiser for insurance purposes and that is a big pluss, I call it a power cruiser. In that aspect it does well, at least for me. Wicking it from 4-9k never gets old after miles of boring 60-70 mph steady state. The bike will be around for a long time still and aftermarket guys will be busy as usual.
Ron

It was good enough to be copied by Ducatti with the Diaval.

rbabos

November 02, 2016, 05:58:58 AM #15 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:02:07 AM by rbabos
Quote from: Hossamania on October 18, 2016, 05:59:49 AM
Ron

True. From HD marketing standpoint, The VRSC line was a failure. It didn't leak enough (low replacement oil sales), didn't break enough (hardly any repair bills), and didn't have enough chrome (not enough post-sale bling).
Being the highest performance, and arguably the most dependable engine Harley ever produced, my guess is that the Revolution engine in this form will never be seen again.
It never had a chance.
Ron

Ohio HD

Quote from: rbabos on November 02, 2016, 05:58:58 AM
Ron

True. From HD marketing standpoint, The VRSC line was a failure. It didn't leak enough (low replacement oil sales), didn't break enough (hardly any repair bills), and didn't have enough chrome (not enough post-sale bling).
Being the highest performance, and arguably the most dependable engine Harley ever produced, my guess is that the Revolution engine in this form will never be seen again.
It never had a chance.
Ron

Ahh, come on Ron, it just isn't what most HD owners are looking for. Just like the Buell or even the Sporty line up, it's not what most HD buyers are looking for. I looked at a new V-Rod back in 2006, it just wasn't what I wanted. I bought a new Kw VN2000 because I was looking for something different. And you know what, t broke at times too. I can cause any bike to break.

rbabos

Quote from: Ohio HD on November 02, 2016, 07:58:44 AM
Ron

It never had a chance.
Ron

Ahh, come on Ron, it just isn't what most HD owners are looking for. Just like the Buell or even the Sporty line up, it's not what most HD buyers are looking for. I looked at a new V-Rod back in 2006, it just wasn't what I wanted. I bought a new Kw VN2000 because I was looking for something different. And you know what, t broke at times too. I can cause any bike to break.
Just bs ing with the post. Price is what killed it from drawing the younger crowd that would be most interested in it since you could buy two metrics for the price of one of them. Funny you mentioned the KW 2000. Prior to going 120 on my softail I looked into one. They stopped importing them to Canada for some reason around that time. :idunno:
Ron

Ohio HD

Quote from: rbabos on November 02, 2016, 09:47:41 AM
Ron

It never had a chance.
Ron

Just bs ing with the post. Price is what killed it from drawing the younger crowd that would be most interested in it since you could buy two metrics for the price of one of them. Funny you mentioned the KW 2000. Prior to going 120 on my softail I looked into one. They stopped importing them to Canada for some reason around that time. :idunno:
Ron

Yeah, but now you own a classic, like a Pan Head!   :wink:

Hossamania

Quote from: Ohio HD on November 02, 2016, 11:00:33 AM
Ron

It never had a chance.
Ron

Ron

Now that made me chuckle!

rbabos

Quote from: Ohio HD on November 02, 2016, 11:00:33 AM
Ron

It never had a chance.
Ron

Ron

Funny. Just have to wait 60 years now.
Ron