May 01, 2024, 08:56:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New tuners

Started by rigidthumper, August 23, 2016, 11:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf

Durwood

If one of these bikes rolled in tomorrow morning, it would get tuned with a PV.

rigidthumper

I saw that TTS had some 2017 maps out already, didn't see any PV maps yet. You have an inside hook up, Darren?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Durwood

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 30, 2016, 05:49:00 AM
I saw that TTS had some 2017 maps out already, didn't see any PV maps yet. You have an inside hook up, Darren?
I rarely use a prefab start of tune map, we build most of them from a given stock calibration, provided it's a desirable strategy.

rigidthumper

Didn't realise PV had updated to access the 17 touring ECMs yet. Didn't see anything on the website.

Jamie Long

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 30, 2016, 06:26:22 AM
Didn't realise PV had updated to access the 17 touring ECMs yet. Didn't see anything on the website.

We were already reading/writing with Power Vision last week, both FM and Dynojet are now in the process of getting base calibrations developed & sorted. When things are ready there will be a public release which shouldnt be long. The 17's will use the current PV-2 and there will be a new firmware & tune database update 

BVHOG

So does anyone know if the 17 bikes can be tuned with a  Super tuner with the updated super tuner software?
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

KE5RBD

Quote from: BVHOG on September 01, 2016, 11:30:25 AM
So does anyone know if the 17 bikes can be tuned with a  Super tuner with the updated super tuner software?
The software has the new 17 maps in it for the Super Tuner.  Problem is unless you already have a SEPST you will likely have trouble finding one.  Our local dealership has pulled them from the shelves and are sending back for credit.  I understand all dealerships are required to not sell them anymore.  They do have a new tuner called Pro street tuner which uses the same tunes as the old street tuner LT0 extension.  It also uninstalls the old street tuner software when you install the Pro Street software.  Little advise on both SEPST and Pro Street tuner, store the files you use in different folder than the software uses for default.  It can and has happened it will delete your created/modified tunes when it updates. 
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

Jamie Long

For those interested:

The images below represent the logged AF histogram (Dynojet wideband) vs the desired AF table in the stock tune from the 2017 Milwaukee Eight 107. The engine runs very close to the targets, but its setup way rich at higher load; running in the 11.8 AFR range 

histogram from log data using Dynojet wideband

AF table in stock tune

BVHOG

Quote from: Jamie Long on September 01, 2016, 02:15:25 PM
For those interested:

The images below represent the logged AF histogram (Dynojet wideband) vs the desired AF table in the stock tune from the 2017 Milwaukee Eight 107. The engine runs very close to the targets, but its setup way rich at higher load; running in the 11.8 AFR range 

histogram from log data using Dynojet wideband

AF table in stock tune

Great info, damn lean though, and then so rich at wot, not sure about that sort of strategy

Jamie Long

Quote from: BVHOG on September 01, 2016, 02:23:17 PM

Great info, damn lean though, and then so rich at wot, not sure about that sort of strategy

Typical of OE automotive calibrations

rigidthumper

Is this the factory 02s keeping it this close or the results of tuning?

joe_lyons

I believe in stock form.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

BUBBIE

September 05, 2016, 08:50:39 AM #38 Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:53:29 AM by BUBBIE
Guessing on My Part..... (feel from here)  :potstir:

All the 14's could read 14.1 at the most using closed loop... (at least in the first 60 kpa) Then more fuel above that...

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

BVHOG

Worked with a local dealership most of the day Saturday after they had tried to setup a new bike with the Street tuner with very poor results. We then used a beta version of the Power Vision that worked flawlessly to tune the bike.  Very impressed with what they accomplished in a short time. I won't get into specifics but I will say there is a ton to be gained with tuning.   Also figured out that the DTT Twinscan3 reads perfectly as well, the only function I am not 100% on is if the knock still reads the same channel but if I were a gambling man I would say it does.

rigidthumper

:up:  Good to hear. Were they using the SE AC & slip-ons or some free breathing mufflers?

04efidynasuperglide

BV...  I just got a 17 RGS, It came with stage one, SE Cannons and new heavy breather.. seems to run good

would I be able to have someone go over the tune and make better??  I have the tuner that's married to the bike?

sgs
chieffie

rigidthumper

Quote from: 04efidynasuperglide on September 06, 2016, 07:29:16 AM
BV...  I just got a 17 RGS, It came with stage one, SE Cannons and new heavy breather.. seems to run good

would I be able to have someone go over the tune and make better??  I have the tuner that's married to the bike?

sgs
I believe you have the tuner that keeps you in warranty.

04efidynasuperglide

its part #  41000008B   Street performance tuner  DATED 6/29/16

can I buy the cable and look at tune and make changes? I would need to learn more of course.

sgs
chieffie

happyman

Read someplace where the new  SE street tuner could be used to adjust timing  and other parts of tune . Then I read where the some of the tune could not be adjusted and one of them was the  butterfly opening, or at what rate.  Two different description of what can or cannot be done using the  SE Street tuner.  both were on  Harley  official sites, but a couple weeks apart. the idea of not being able to adjust timing is not a  good deal but the VE's  could also be changed. .  curious  what can actually be adjusted. do not sound like a tuner that lets a tuner actually do a real good tune?     

Jamie Long

Quote from: happyman on September 06, 2016, 10:43:00 AM
Read someplace where the new  SE street tuner could be used to adjust timing  and other parts of tune . Then I read where the some of the tune could not be adjusted and one of them was the  butterfly opening, or at what rate.  Two different description of what can or cannot be done using the  SE Street tuner.  both were on  Harley  official sites, but a couple weeks apart. the idea of not being able to adjust timing is not a  good deal but the VE's  could also be changed. .  curious  what can actually be adjusted. do not sound like a tuner that lets a tuner actually do a real good tune?     

The Pro Street Tuner allows the following:

VE adjustment +/- 5% in the cruise range, +/- 15% higher loads
Spark adjustment +/- 3 degrees cruise range, +/- 6 degrees higher loads
Throttle Progressitivity - full range
No adjustments to the AF table, Idle RPM, Acc Enrichement/Decel enleanement, or to constants such as CI, Injector Size, etc... not to mention any of the other tuning tables. 

happyman

Quote from: Jamie Long on September 06, 2016, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: happyman on September 06, 2016, 10:43:00 AM

The Pro Street Tuner allows the following:

VE adjustment +/- 5% in the cruise range, +/- 15% higher loads
Spark adjustment +/- 3 degrees cruise range, +/- 6 degrees higher loads
Throttle Progressitivity - full range
No adjustments to the AF table, Idle RPM, Acc Enrichement/Decel enleanement, or to constants such as CI, Injector Size, etc... not to mention any of the other tuning tables.
Thank you.  I can only imagine how the afr will look with all the limitations there are. 

04efidynasuperglide

I'm going thru the training for the street tuner and looks like doing the smart tune and then ride it and analyze and make limited adjustments is about it ??

wonder how many times the dealer did the smart tune procedure? 

how many times will the smart tune procedure need to be done to get best result?

I have 150 miles on it now, when should I recheck the tune?

sgs

chieffie

BVHOG

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 06, 2016, 05:43:15 AM
:up:  Good to hear. Were they using the SE AC & slip-ons or some free breathing mufflers?
Heavy breather type a/c and street cannons

BVHOG

Quote from: 04efidynasuperglide on September 06, 2016, 07:29:16 AM

sgs
Same setup we did on Saturday, and yes gains to be made for sure.