May 03, 2024, 02:00:39 AM

News:

Project M8

Started by sbcharlie, September 18, 2016, 07:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbcharlie

i bought a Black Street Glide a couple of weeks ago. this my new project to share and explain my game plan
1. the bike is going to billet products so that they can design new product to offer
2. get dyno baseline
3. going to isotropic super finish primary components
4. dyno check see if there any gains
5. have bike painted theme orange and black
6. R&R heads and flow test. have new fixture built to flow test each valve  and combined.
7. shoe shine ports and stay with stock components  will isotropic complete valve train, new camshaft
8. dyno check see and verify improvement
9. plan to use power vision if available
10. hope to get 2into1 exhaust either build or purchase
11. Denny Denish is to write articles as we move forward
12. get a set of heads to work with including valve size change
13 install 2 set heads and verify

i will keep you posted as we move forward  sbc

joe_lyons

Quote from: sbcharlie on September 18, 2016, 07:01:55 AM
i bought a Black Street Glide a couple of weeks ago. this my new project to share and explain my game plan
1. the bike is going to billet products so that they can design new product to offer
2. get dyno baseline
3. going to isotropic super finish primary components
4. dyno check see if there any gains
5. have bike painted theme orange and black
6. R&R heads and flow test. have new fixture built to flow test each valve  and combined.
7. shoe shine ports and stay with stock components  will isotropic complete valve train, new camshaft
8. dyno check see and verify improvement
9. plan to use power vision if available
10. hope to get 2into1 exhaust either build or purchase
11. Denny Denish is to write articles as we move forward
12. get a set of heads to work with including valve size change
13 install 2 set heads and verify

i will keep you posted as we move forward  sbc
[emoji106]
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

glens

I'll take you up on that offer!

Don't know the extent of "17 MY support" 'cause haven't looked yet, but I opened my W98 virtual box yesterday for something else, hit the TTS updater and got a bunch of new stuff.  I did run a quick "diff" between the last and the new tuning guides "pdftotext"ed.  Looks mostly like an added blurb to indemnify the company for customers using tuned bikes on the street.

But like said, the changelogs included '17 support.

I'd bet Fullsac is well on the way with new pipes already.

FSG

dyno check see and verify improvement after step 5

Rokinrider

Pulling the trigger on  new Roadglide tomorrow. I need you gods of horsepower to do what you do best! Can't wait.....
Mclintock! swell party were the whiskey?

Scotty

Quote from: glens on September 18, 2016, 10:20:05 AM
I'll take you up on that offer!

Don't know the extent of "17 MY support" 'cause haven't looked yet, but I opened my W98 virtual box yesterday for something else, hit the TTS updater and got a bunch of new stuff.  I did run a quick "diff" between the last and the new tuning guides "pdftotext"ed.  Looks mostly like an added blurb to indemnify the company for customers using tuned bikes on the street.

But like said, the changelogs included '17 support.

I'd bet Fullsac is well on the way with new pipes already.

How do you get the latest version of TTS to work on a W98 virtual box?
I know it requires Vista and above to load now and XP and be;ow support has been removed or is the W98 box just a name as I have never looked at it?

glens

My bad, it's XP service pack 2 in a virtual machine.

bluerim

As always  someone must pull the trigger on being the first to do certain projects.  I for one will watch patiently to see your results.
I am looking at a new 107 M8 trike.  There are no kits available for a 114 trike yet.  Probably because the kit shown is 11:0-1 cr.  So I am waiting for some results to come in from other projects.

rigidthumper

No ki
Quote from: bluerim on September 18, 2016, 08:02:03 PM
As always  someone must pull the trigger on being the first to do certain projects.  I for one will watch patiently to see your results.
I am looking at a new 107 M8 trike.  There are no kits available for a 114 trike yet.  Probably because the kit shown is 11:0-1 cr.  So I am waiting for some results to come in from other projects.
No kits for the trike as they didn't pass EPA certification, but the parts will fit your trike.  I like the looks of the stg2 tq cam for heavy machinery. This one is 107 stg2 TQ cam stock headpipe SEAC SE slip-on mufflers TTS.
[smg id=2855]
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

joe_lyons

Can't wait to see some results with a decated headpipe

Tommy D

Acts 4:12

bluerim

Thumper.. thanks for the info on why no 114 kits certified for the 107 m8 trikes.  If anyone can help.... I think that 11;0-1 Cr is too much for a heavy trike.  A friend told me that with liquid heads they might be OK.. Anyone have input on that. I would like to see a 114 kit at about 10:5-1.. I don't want to be looking for 93 octane gas.  Looking to get about 110hp 120 + tq . Are the m heads ok for this or would I need to have headwork.    I guess its a waiting game until kit builders get their stuff out there.

joe_lyons

Trikes don't put out the same #s as 2 wheelers.  The kit probably is closer to 10.5-1 as H-D usually is a bit high on their marks for compression.

harleytuner

Stock injectors were hitting 100% duty cycle at around 5200 RPM on a stage III 114" upgrade.  Bike made 114HP and 120 TRQ.  Until there's some 3rd party injectors released looks like that's about all we'll see out of the M*.  Give or take a couple.  Hit's 85% duty Cycle at 4K

ultraswede

Quote from: harleytuner on September 20, 2016, 11:41:49 AM
Stock injectors were hitting 100% duty cycle at around 5200 RPM on a stage III 114" upgrade.  Bike made 114HP and 120 TRQ.  Until there's some 3rd party injectors released looks like that's about all we'll see out of the M*.  Give or take a couple.  Hit's 85% duty Cycle at 4K

Unless the easy fix is to increase the fuel pressure.

Ohio HD

Quote from: ultraswede on September 20, 2016, 12:00:26 PM
Quote from: harleytuner on September 20, 2016, 11:41:49 AM

Unless the easy fix is to increase the fuel pressure.

:idea:       

joe_lyons

September 20, 2016, 06:05:16 PM #16 Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:41:37 PM by joe_lyons
So we need 11-13 mustang GT injectors.
Never mind they are too long.

Eccool

sbcharlie, any results to report yet??

sbcharlie

none yet, i got the head gaskets, and making flow bench fixture to fit head to brzenski plate.  i hoping our metric valve spring opening device will work. bike is at billet products get parts made. i keep you updated abc

RTMike

Come on Charlie we are all waiting  :potstir:

1FSTRK

What ever happened to the follow up on the dyno?
Any more testing or did you pack it in on the M-8 heads?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

sbcharlie

its been interesting i have kept it a 107. first try my heads, torque cam from harley de-cat stock exhaust. same power or less than stock. second build changed exhaust , use fuel moto, 515 cam and big throttle body.  118 hp  114 torque. use power vision. it ok but there more. a customer in montana  114 build, redid CNC ported heads, install complete kit, fuel moto head pipe, street cannons, t_man cam, tts tuner   139 hp 136 torque. fun bike. today we received AV&V valve guides.  new week kibble white will have valves. Going to install Tucker valve seats and off set valve seat profiles.  i not happy going to remove engine and change balancer bearing , it winter here in phoenix for next 3 months too hot to ride,  its not easy   sbc

NCTURBOS

Quote from: sbcharlie on June 15, 2017, 04:33:44 AM
...114 build, redid CNC ported heads, install complete kit, fuel moto head pipe, street cannons, t_man cam, tts tuner   139 hp 136 torque. fun bike...

Which Tman camshaft on this 114"?

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

sbcharlie

HD/Wrench

so If I understand you built a 114 kit with the t-man 238 cam and ex PV tuned and it made 139 and 136?? Dyno sheet feel free to PM me on that .  I have tuned the 117 kit with the same T man cam and its no where near that . and you have it with only a 114 kit 

Being that I have also tuned the same kit with the 515 cam and to be honest not much changed . So I am to believe that your re porting of the SE CNC head is the key to going from 118/114 to 139/136  .. 

IF I am not understanding it please explain

1FSTRK

139HP from a 114ci now we are approaching performance Twin cam numbers (1.21 HP/CI) so maybe someone is starting to get a handle on what will be needed to get these M-8's to perform to the next level.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."