April 30, 2024, 05:06:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Re: Considering a S&S 124 or 143

Started by strokerjlk, August 12, 2016, 07:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strokerjlk

Quote from: No Cents on August 11, 2016, 04:56:03 PM
Quote from: turboprop on August 11, 2016, 04:33:24 PM
You know, the trans guts get a lot of attention in these discussion boards but rarely is the trans case discussed as being the weak point, but is often times is.

Case in pont. A few weeks ago I rode one of the shop bikes at Zippers. It was the test mule for the new Zippers 110 drop on kit that made like 150 hp. Apparently, everyone at Zippers as thrashed that bike with the new engine in it. Like beat on, stupid stuff. Stuff that no body in their right mind would do to their own bike.

Well, the crew at Zippers started to tear down the engine last week to have a peak inside and discovered that two of the mounting ears on the trans case were broken all the way through, but the internals were just fine.

the last time I seen the S&S T143 Dragon bike was at the Cincy Expo this past winter. I took notice to the bracing that S&S had added to the engine and tranny. I asked about it and they said they had witnessed flexing in that area and the two braces they made took the flexing out. I wished I would of taken a picture of it now.  :banghead:

Ray

Brock cut a perfect light on it at sturgis .

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

2006FXDCI

Nice ! Doesnt get any better than that  :chop:
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

Jonny Cash

Good mph in the eighth, thought it would be a little quicker.  Great light by Brock, I had a .0011 last night at T&T.  To the OP, Id go with the 143!
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

CowboyTutt

That reaction time is AMAZING!!!!!   :up: :up: :up:  -Tutt

jmorton10

Quote from: CowboyTutt on August 12, 2016, 03:08:31 PM
That reaction time is AMAZING!!!!!   :up: :up: :up:  -Tutt

No kidding!!

I'm too old to have a reaction time like that at this point......

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

rigidthumper

I'm surprised at the 60' time- expected it would be sub 1.6 for some reason.  The 0000 light is a combination of practice, anticipation, and luck.  Bracket racers dream! I've had 1 in all my passes.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

pwmorris

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 13, 2016, 06:50:17 AM
I'm surprised at the 60' time- expected it would be sub 1.6 for some reason.  The 0000 light is a combination of practice, anticipation, and luck.  Bracket racers dream! I've had 1 in all my passes.
Not at the Sturgis 1/8 mile barely prepped rally track...
What kind of bike did you hit your perfect light? Slip?

pwmorris

August 16, 2016, 05:13:18 PM #7 Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 05:30:10 PM by pwmorris
NHRA Prostock riders have perfect lights semi regularly. You train, practice and put in the work. Usually happens when a superior opponent is in the other lane, and you are gonna cut that knife as close to the edge as you can...flip side is red lights also happen as well....Luck? Chance favors the prepared mind...

Me in right lane on Harley no bar streetbike against a superior powered Busa' with extended swingarm, air shifter, and other mods (and a good rider)..did the best I could to play with him but superior HP wins usually every time at the big end unless he screws up-
Then again, WTFDIK, I just ride show bikes...

2006FXDCI

Paul , that is a SMOKIN 60' you laid down !!
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

rigidthumper

Quote from: pwmorris on August 16, 2016, 04:56:14 PM
Quote from: rigidthumper on August 13, 2016, 06:50:17 AM
Not at the Sturgis 1/8 mile barely prepped rally track...
What kind of bike did you hit your perfect light? Slip?
Never thought about it being the track at Glencoe Campgrounds  :embarrassed:
03 Dyna 107 at the Topeka All Harley Drags back in 04- slips and trophys went to the dump years ago, as the bike was stolen from my house two weekends after winning the event. Had to borrow the OLs buell blast to finish the bracket racing season.  :cry:
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

turboprop

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on August 16, 2016, 06:03:55 PM
Paul , that is a SMOKIN 60' you laid down !!

Not bad for a show bike. <smile>
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

kd

Here's what that perfect light can do for you. This is from the Brainard Nationals yesterday and won the finals.

Hines posted a perfect .000 reaction time in the final round to defeat alligator farmer Jerry Savoie in the Pro Stock Motorcycle final round. Hines' 6.866 at 194.94, along with the perfect reaction time, on his Screamin' Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson was enough for a holeshot victory against Savoie's 6.863 at 194.88 on his White Alligator Racing Suzuki. This is Hines' fourth win of the season, 46th of his career, and third at Brainerd Int'l Raceway. He rode past veteran Steve Johnson, Cory Reed, and Hector Arana Jr. in the earlier rounds.
KD

Ape-Hanger

Two perfect lights ..... same day.... and I am far from professional

westcomb

That's pretty good!  :up: ............. ET looks great as well!  :up:

pwmorris

Quote from: Ape-Hanger on September 19, 2016, 08:52:54 AM
Nice-
Wheelie bar, dial in, bracket bike.

Ape-Hanger

Quote from: pwmorris on September 19, 2016, 02:34:47 PM
Quote from: Ape-Hanger on September 19, 2016, 08:52:54 AM
Nice-
Wheelie bar, dial in, bracket bike.
Yes it's a bracket bike with a delay box and the box does make it easier to cut the perfect light..... But it's still hard!