March 28, 2024, 07:20:39 AM

News:

11 seconds

Started by Jonny Cash, December 02, 2016, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durwood

Looking great Kelly!! the years in the bracket car are paying dividends. :up:

HD/Wrench

Johnny . Being that I may get another crack at my patch . my 60 foot is great but may re think the gear in it .. what ratio are you running ?

Jonny Cash

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on March 13, 2018, 08:00:24 AM
Johnny . Being that I may get another crack at my patch . my 60 foot is great but may re think the gear in it .. what ratio are you running ?

3.46 final, its a 5 speed bike.  I run the 2.94 first gear, and have switched to a 2.08 second.  Not sure on the 6 speed bikes how to gear.  What gear do you cross the stripe? 
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

HD/Wrench

124 trap speed so was thinking about giving it another go for my 10 second patch .. best EVER 11.005 .  Hurt the clutch on that pass and my day was over .

Jonny Cash

That mph will get you there.  11.005 is reallllllly close

HD/Wrench

I know but that was my shining star run HA HA  i told myself I no longer cared the track closed but THEN ..   You know the " THEN" happens and well got some new goodies for the engine and it should make a touch more power .

Jonny Cash

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on March 14, 2018, 06:10:32 AM
I know but that was my shining star run HA HA  i told myself I no longer cared the track closed but THEN ..   You know the " THEN" happens and well got some new goodies for the engine and it should make a touch more power .
I made 124 mph after I figured out track tuning.  I use a WEGO III.  I was really surprised how much fuel I added to get the AFR I wanted, and track AFR my best mph was fatter than dyno AFR max power.

HD/Wrench

Quote from: Jonny Cash on March 14, 2018, 07:45:28 AM
I made 124 mph after I figured out track tuning.  I use a WEGO III.  I was really surprised how much fuel I added to get the AFR I wanted, and track AFR my best mph was fatter than dyno AFR max power.

innovate LM-2 is great as well .. I found the same thing .. However After looking over the data logs , setting the AFR , then back on the drum I found that inducing a % of load on the WOT pull I could duplicate it .  But each bike is different .. based on the power you make. I am sure someone could come up with a scale . But mine was 11% load   if I recall I would have to look at my notes.

1FSTRK

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on March 16, 2018, 07:46:44 AM

innovate LM-2 is great as well .. I found the same thing .. However After looking over the data logs , setting the AFR , then back on the drum I found that inducing a % of load on the WOT pull I could duplicate it .  But each bike is different .. based on the power you make. I am sure someone could come up with a scale . But mine was 11% load   if I recall I would have to look at my notes.

Steve we found both on the engine dyno and the dyno jet that a combination of  step testing and sweep testing gave the best results for mapping AFR for the track. If you data log at the track you can get a decent acceleration rate for both launch and individual gears and then replicate that with the dyno. This is also a big help in getting the ignition timing correct because as you already know that will change the fuel requirements. Looking forward to seeing your gains at the track with your renewed effort.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Hossamania

Quote from: 1FSTRK on March 16, 2018, 10:48:48 AM

Steve we found both on the engine dyno and the dyno jet that a combination of  step testing and sweep testing gave the best results for mapping AFR for the track. If you data log at the track you can get a decent acceleration rate for both launch and individual gears and then replicate that with the dyno. This is also a big help in getting the ignition timing correct because as you already know that will change the fuel requirements. Looking forward to seeing your gains at the track with your renewed effort.

I really enjoy discussing and learning about tuning for racing. I try to explain to others that tuning isn't just about getting the engine to run right, but to make it work as a whole package with the transmission, suspension (especially in road and off road racing), braking (same), tires, tire pressure, and how the motors needs change as it goes down or around the track. Now throw in some weather, and everything changes again. Keeping good notes is key to success and again, a commitment.
I am in awe of you that race and keep that commitment to getting better every run. And even if it is not better, it is such valuble information to improve upon.
Always try to go one faster. Good luck to all of you.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Jonny Cash

that's good info!

HD/Wrench

It was a bit of trial and error .. many factors .... But the 12.8 AFR I had set was running in the 13.8 range if I recall I have the card i could pull it back up .. But i was surprised at how lean it was getting under load on the big end..  I just look at the time and adjusted the PE fuel when I was at the track it was easier .. I know have it dialed in ..   

Jonny Cash

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on March 16, 2018, 12:54:00 PM
It was a bit of trial and error .. many factors .... But the 12.8 AFR I had set was running in the 13.8 range if I recall I have the card i could pull it back up .. But i was surprised at how lean it was getting under load on the big end..  I just look at the time and adjusted the PE fuel when I was at the track it was easier .. I know have it dialed in ..

same here, quarter worse than eight.  I tnt at eighth mile a lot.  Bike made most power @ 11.7 on dyno, 11.5 is what I shoot for at track.  I use E 85. I started playing with nitrous and that's another curveball when I started pulling timing