My predictions for the New Year

Started by wfolarry, January 01, 2017, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfolarry

By the end of the year after the aftermarket starts catching up & the MOCO releases it's go fast goodies I think the Milwaukee 8 will be the go to platform for hot rodders. I see a lot of potential with this motor & I think 150 HP will be easier & cheaper to get out of it than the twinkie. Remember you heard it here first.  :smiled:

rbabos

Quote from: wfolarry on January 01, 2017, 07:55:19 AM
By the end of the year after the aftermarket starts catching up & the MOCO releases it's go fast goodies I think the Milwaukee 8 will be the go to platform for hot rodders. I see a lot of potential with this motor & I think 150 HP will be easier & cheaper to get out of it than the twinkie. Remember you heard it here first.  :smiled:
I agree. While I'm no longer currently a fan of the big twin at least the TC, this M8 version has a lot going for it in terms of hp per $. Should respond really well to upgrades. In my view a much better engine to work with.
Ron

Ohio HD

I would bet that you're right Larry, should be a good platform. I wonder how many of the early nay sayers will come around? A few gave the  M8 the, "well we've seen 4 valve heads before, wasn't much".  As I've learned from some here, yourself being one, CFM isn't the only number that makes HP.

No Cents

well guys...it's been a year...have you guys seen any of the M8's make 150hp yet?
I'm still holding out on one...but the urge is getting greater.  :slap:  I keep telling myself to wait.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

ecir50

mike jesse

I thought Jamie  posted one up already.

No Cents

it fell short of 150hp..but it is one of the strongest M8's I've seen so far.
I believe the 124 Jamie posted made 136hp/143tq

No Cents

I see where Chris Riva's posted a 130ci M8 build he did that made 155/153 STD.

[attach=0]

wfolarry

I think you'll start seeing more of them as the year progresses. R&D on this motor is a little slow but it's inching ahead.