April 24, 2024, 09:50:16 PM

News:

P3R Crankshafts

Started by FSG, February 04, 2017, 12:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

"I came across a few sites that speak to problems that P3R had been experiencing."
I know a guy that drag races a bagger, the P3R failed multiple times, he's now using Darkhorse.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Ohio HD

November 07, 2021, 06:31:54 AM #51 Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 03:37:47 PM by FSG
I never could understand why they chose the profile they did for the press fit. I would have made a simple radius square, or an oblong It can't slip, and machining the parts would be easy, and easily measured.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Deye76

What I heard, a couple pounds of boost and 1 or 2 passes and they were toast.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

hrdtail78

Quote from: Ohio HD on February 10, 2017, 05:01:15 PMSure, S&S and Darkhorse both use plugs to expand the crank pin into the flywheel.

I know this is old but......   That is a mighty beefy pin to expand compared to the size of the plug.  It was explained to me that the plug isn't for a tighter fit, but to help keep the pin round during operation.  I heard it years ago and it was from John (DH) or Scott (S&S.)   Back in the Vtwin expo days.
Semper Fi

cheech

QuoteThis is responding to an old thread on the P3R flywheels. I was researching crankshafts a month or so back to see what may be new on the industry for the 124" Twin Cam I'm building. I came across a few sites that speak to problems that P3R had been experiencing. And it appears that they may have closed the doors on their crankshaft production. Their website is also no longer up.

I'm not going to post the other site links I found on this subject. Unfortunately it looks like not enough R&D went into their new design.

https://www.p3rflywheels.com/
I came across all that about a year ago or less also.
I hadn't heard anything about them in a while, thought where they been.
Read some drama.
I took it as he got involved with the parent company, released that.
Then downhill from there. The parent I take it is still operating.
Just not in the motorcycle industry.