2016 Rushmore Infotainment GPS Question

Started by garyg1957, February 17, 2017, 09:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyg1957

Purchased new a 2016 Ultra Classic, still trying to master the Infotainment GPS system....problem I am having is GPS is not recognizing POI that have been established for 3 to 4 years.  When bike was in for 1000 service I questioned the GPS, dealer claimed to have preformed update on system, is this update for the map or something else?  I believe the update went from 1.19.1 to 1.20.1, not certain if it is me or the unit, it is quite frustrating when you are low on fuel and GPS ask if you want it to locate closest gas station, you select yes and ride past 4 on the way to the one the GPS picks.  Anyway as usual I appreciate any and all comments on this topic.

Thanks -- Gman      :emsad:
G man

UltraNutZ

POIs to my knowledge have been an ongoing issue with HD and these 6.3 infotainment systems since 2014 when released and have not been fixed.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

garyg1957

G man

PoorUB

You can get "missing" gas stations on an automotive GPS too so it is tough for me to criticize the HD unit for that.  Not all gas stations or restaurants, or motels will be in the data saved. I would like to know what parameters dictate if the business gets programmed in, but the cynic in me says it has something to do with money.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Breeze

Quote from: PoorUB on February 17, 2017, 03:56:04 PM
You can get "missing" gas stations on an automotive GPS too so it is tough for me to criticize the HD unit for that.  Not all gas stations or restaurants, or motels will be in the data saved. I would like to know what parameters dictate if the business gets programmed in, but the cynic in me says it has something to do with money.

I would like to know that myself.  We were talking to the owner of a very rural BBQ in GA a while back, and told him our GPS showed us to him. He asked to see, and came out to the bike and I punched in restaurants and his name came up. He was happy as could be. Back inside he hollared "MA we're in the GPS".   For sure he didn't buy a subscription or whatever.   :nix: :scratch:
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Coyote

garyg1957

I guess the gas station was a bad example but was an example.  Here's another, I live in Edgewater, Fl and there is a Home Depot in New Smyrna (6 miles away), when I noticed it {GPS} wasn't locating POI I had to make a run to the local Home Depot and tried to do a search for the NSB location, it would only pull up the ones in Port Orange, Daytona and Ormond Beach.....all 20 plus miles away??????

Gman     :emoGroan:
G man