April 19, 2024, 05:22:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Clutch release ramps

Started by tmwmoose, February 18, 2017, 10:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSG

you can see where this cover has been tweaked earlier in life so as to accommodate the EZ Boy Extension

road-dawgs1

I'll have to find me one of those obsolete springs that ya'll are using. I've got a leaky cable that will need changing soon. Muller might be in my future too.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

ecir50

harley_cruiser

Quote from: FSG on December 27, 2017, 04:37:33 PM
QuoteI need a new clutch and cable so will do it then.

The newer cables with the teflon coating are soooooo good
I ordered the spring, what brand Teflon cable?

kd

You don't actually need one with a Harley part #. Check out the jobber for a spring kit and you should find what you need there too.  I have a spring assortment, picked one strong enough to return the cable and not bind .....  Bob's yur uncle. It works great. Thanks to FSG for posting it a while back (and every time we mention it here by posting a pic).  :up:
KD

FSG

Quotewhat brand Teflon cable?

I use Barnett Cables because I wanted extra length, BUT the HD Cables since 06 have the Teflon Coating so a new stock one from HD should be good

harley_cruiser

Quote from: kd on December 27, 2017, 05:51:12 PM
You don't actually need one with a Harley part #. Check out the jobber for a spring kit and you should find what you need there too.  I have a spring assortment, picked one strong enough to return the cable and not bind .....  Bob's yur uncle. It works great. Thanks to FSG for posting it a while back (and every time we mention it here by posting a pic).  :up:
:up:
Quote from: FSG on December 27, 2017, 05:55:07 PM
Quotewhat brand Teflon cable?

I use Barnett Cables because I wanted extra length, BUT the HD Cables since 06 have the Teflon Coating so a new stock one from HD should be good
:up:

locker55

Does the shovelhead spring take any of the easiness from the Mueller pull?

And why run the spring? does the Mueller take from the return of the clutch handle?

After all of you on here say about the Mueller I'm sold and will put one in.
But now No Cents comes up with the spring???

Thanks for all on here that share their good knowledge. And a Happy New Year to all.

FSG

QuoteDoes the shovelhead spring take any of the easiness from the Mueller pull?

No, from the lever feel you wont know it's there.

QuoteAnd why run the spring?

It ensures the inner ramp returns to it's home position provided the cable hasn't been over adjusted.

Quotedoes the Mueller take from the return of the clutch handle?

No

FSG

Bagger

Is there anyone on HTT that can machine a Muller for the Baker throwout bearing for me?

FSG

and for anyone that's been following changes, running changes, etc, one will find that the MoCo has gone back to 21° Ramps   :SM:

they prolly had to considering they'e done away with the juice clutch on the Tourers 

37200434 & 37200435

Bagger

March 11, 2021, 02:28:35 PM #137 Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 03:36:56 PM by Bagger
Quote from: Bagger on December 30, 2017, 01:05:09 PM
Is there anyone on HTT that can machine a Muller for the Baker throwout bearing for me?

Back in 2017 after reading these threads about Mueller I bought one for $150 and then sent to baker and for $40 Baker machined the new Mueller ramp for me to fit Baker's larger diameter heavy duty throwout bearing. 

However, I never installed it, now just sits in original package in a drawer, along with a set of 18* ramps.  I run the stock 2002 21* ramp machined by Baker for Baker's larger heavy duty throwout bearing.  I have no issues with the clutch lever feel.  And I've run a Barnet Scorpion clutch with six green springs over the last 18 years with this 21* ramps. 

FSG

Quote from: FSG on December 27, 2017, 04:37:33 PM
QuoteI need a new clutch and cable so will do it then.

The newer cables with the teflon coating are soooooo good

While not for everyone, I've taken to using Lightweight Shockproof, sure drains easier and works just as well.

an old thread I know .....  but I just saw the 1st pic on a Cummins Forum   :SM:

Ohio HD

FSG

FSG

Quote from: FSG on February 14, 2021, 02:07:03 PMand for anyone that's been following changes, running changes, etc, one will find that the MoCo has gone back to 21° Ramps   :SM:

they prolly had to considering they'e done away with the juice clutch on the Tourers 

37200434 & 37200435

and when you look at M-1514 they have done away with the individual ramp being available and created a KIT

and a further AND ........

37200261 is no longer available while 37200262 is at $15.40

and 37200434 & 37200435 are no longer available as individual items but are in Kit 37000376  @ $43.64 , yes it has the balls and coupler it's a huge increase IMO