March 28, 2024, 01:35:35 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

DD6 not being able to handle a S&S 124?

Started by Doug5336, March 23, 2017, 05:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug5336

Have you ever heard of one of your DD6 transmissions being damaged by the horsepower and torque from a S&S 124?? Is the OD6 recommended for an engine such as that one??

Mark P

Yes the DD6 is only rated to 130 foot pounds of torque. The OD6 is rated to 165.

Doug5336

Thanks Mark. My bike (S&S 124 T series) dyno'd at 132hp/144 torque. The DD6 worked great for about two years with that motor. I originally installed it when I had my stock 88 inch twin cam motor on there. Looks like it's time for an OD6. Thanks again!!!

Doug

Mark P

Yea our DD6 is our smooth, comfy, touring transmission and it is good at what it does but it it's not made for high torque applications. In order to achieve the "metric bike" like shifting. We went with 1 degree under cut on the dog teeth. Where with our OD6 we went with 4 degree undercut so they lock in. All depends on riding style, the rider and of course the amount of torque which one you go with.that being said, yes, you are now an OD6 candidate. Being that you are already a Baker owner, give me a call when you want the OD6 and I will get you a good price on it.