March 28, 2024, 06:23:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

History - Highlights at a glance

Started by FSG, March 26, 2017, 05:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSG

FSG

FSG

Hogman

WOW! Nice!!!! Thanks for Your Time and Effort on Doing This FSG! Should come in Real Handy for Plenty of Folks too.
This is the First List I've seen, that has my 84 FLHX's VIN in it. (AEK2)
Thanks Again Sir.

ME
Hogman

kink04fxd

My 69 FLH came stock with Tillitson carb 
2000 FLHTCI (now carb)<br />1982 FLH

Hillside Motorcycle

1966 was also the last year for the petcock on the right tank, and Linkert carb.
1967 was also the last year for the" mousetrap" hand-booster clutch, and tombstone speedo face.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

waltcentral

I am awaiting the arrival of a 1983 FLH. My first Shovel since 1982. Can't wait.  Can anyone tell me what is meant by commonized tapered flywheels?  I am thinking they were prepping for the EVO, will this bike have the evo wheels?
Thanks for any reply and thanks for the info.
Walt

SixShooter14

edit...I'm about 2 weeks too late, it was already done. My apologies
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

fbn ent

Quote from: Hogman on April 01, 2017, 02:02:20 PM
WOW! Nice!!!! Thanks for Your Time and Effort on Doing This FSG! Should come in Real Handy for Plenty of Folks too.
This is the First List I've seen, that has my 84 FLHX's VIN in it. (AEK2)
Thanks Again Sir.
ME

FSG is a veritable font of information. :teeth:

Thanks!
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

One4Tone

1972 is unique...on the FL first year of the front disk brake...last year of the rear hydraulic drum...

kd

.... and the 72 FX had a different shifter (center of the bracket pivot instead of the front) and a shorter shift lever because it was back further.
KD

Racepres

'82 and '83 FXR were Spoked wheels... the FXRS had Mags...I always thought the FXRS had longer forks than the FXR ... but can't prove that... I Know, because I have One each, that the FXRS has slightly longer Fork than the FXS.. Just Measured...After that??? IDK

fleetmechanic

1966 was the only year that had the fuel tap on the right tank.  I have one like that with an early VIN and one with a late VIN that doesn't have a fuel tap on either side.  Guess they were tooling the right side tank to make the 1967 change.