April 18, 2024, 09:10:12 AM

News:

Sunday's Ride

Started by Harpo, April 24, 2017, 10:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Hey all - just a note to say a bit about this last Sunday's ride.  Got the '49 going for the first time in about 2 years.  Started right up after only 2 hours of kicking (and lots of starter fluid) and it only puked about 2 quarts of oil up.  Rode about 20 miles to a local hangout where there was about 15 or so other bikes.  All different shapes/sizes/levels of "customization" present.  Almost everyone had to come over to check out the Pan.  Several comments about "great to see someone's keeping the old iron going".  Makes it all worthwhile.  Hope this inspires/encourages someone with their current "project".   

Hossamania

Congrats on getting it out and running. It really is great to see the old ones come rolling in.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

JC 92FXRS

Quote from: Harpo on April 24, 2017, 10:36:10 AM
.... Started right up after only 2 hours of kicking (and lots of starter fluid) and it only puked about 2 quarts of oil up.

That is funny right there....gotta love the optimism!! Not laughing at you my friend, keep the old girl running! Ride on and cheers!!
I love seeing the old stuff out and about.
Cheers, jeff

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

Heatnbeat

I pulled into the gas station this afternoon and there was a chopped pan at the pump. Not something you see everyday so I had to walk over and take a look. Really sweet looking, old guy riding it  and he said he built it last year. HIS fired right off  :SM: but then it was warmed up.

Deye76

:up:
While in Daytona last month, saw a guy who looked to be in his 70's, riding a rigid Pan with a jockey shift/suicide clutch. He was hittin' the gears like a champ.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP