April 27, 2024, 03:46:05 PM

News:

codes and running poorly

Started by guesscrazy, August 18, 2019, 01:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesscrazy

August 18, 2019, 01:56:38 PM Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 02:01:11 PM by guesscrazy
2014 Limited 32000 miles. codes P1019, P1351, p1356. Power seems a little  reduced. Just came back from a 4000 mile trip and it ran great. I changed the  plugs and wires 6000 miles ago. I replaced the in take fuel filter 5000 miles ago. Dynoed 97hp and 117 lbs of tq. 5000 miles ago. Where do I start?
2014 Ultra Limited. 124 S&S kit , V&H Powerduals .Reinharts and alot or other do

Pirsch Fire Wagon

P1019 ECT Difference (high temp)
P1351 Front Ignition Coil Driver Open/Low
P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion

From these DTC's I would:
Check the Coil
Connections, Clean the Terminal and look for Carbon Tracking
OHM the Wires and,
Ensure the Control is not being interrupted between the Coil and ECM.
Tom

Ohio HD

OEM wires, or something fancy? 

PoorUB

:agree:

Were the wires and plugs changed before or after the codes and low power issue? If they are not OEM Harley wires and sparkplugs that would be the first thing I would do, is swap them out with stock HD parts, and no pretty SE crap either!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

guesscrazy

Put plugs in and the ignition codes didn't come back. I replaced the waterpump with one I carried as a spar in the saddlebag. Bought it off ebay NOS. Fans run but pump isn't running. Highly unlikely 2 bad pumps. Would the ECT sensor turn the pump on and off? I thought the pump ran with the ignition?  Still got code P1019? May pick up a ECT sensor tomorrow and try it.
2014 Ultra Limited. 124 S&S kit , V&H Powerduals .Reinharts and alot or other do

14GuineaPig

According to the 2014 Touring Electrical Diagnostics Manual - Section 6.3 - Sensors & Drivers

The ECM controls both cooling fans & the relay that supplies power to the pump.  Once the engine starts, the ECM grounds the coil side of the cooling relay, causing the relay to energize, sending power to the pump.

So that would mean that the pump runs whenever the engine is running.

guesscrazy

Quote from: 14GuineaPig on August 19, 2019, 08:53:31 AM
According to the 2014 Touring Electrical Diagnostics Manual - Section 6.3 - Sensors & Drivers

The ECM controls both cooling fans & the relay that supplies power to the pump.  Once the engine starts, the ECM grounds the coil side of the cooling relay, causing the relay to energize, sending power to the pump.

So that would mean that the pump runs whenever the engine is running.
Thank you