March 28, 2024, 02:26:39 AM

News:

Show Your Panhead

Started by CraigArizona85248, November 01, 2008, 12:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike8875 and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

CraigArizona85248

OK!  Let's kick this off again  ;D

Let's see everyone's rides.  Here is my '49 FL Chopper...

ModelABob

Craig,

Bro, you have one "righteous" Pan.  'Nough said.... 8)

AMF/Ride Safe ;)
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

Skinny Josh

SeaZund

and here's my 49 FL, before I repaired the Fat-bob mounts.

chris haynes

Not a new photo, but me just the same.
NRA Member
Costco Member
Iron Butt Association Member I can't Re Member

ohio-rider

Hi Chris, Any chance you still own that pony?

chris haynes

Quote from: ohio-rider on November 05, 2008, 07:35:35 AM
Hi Chris, Any chance you still own that pony?

That was back in the '60's, about a hundred bikes ago.
NRA Member
Costco Member

EvoSturgis

ModelABob

EvoSturgis,

Your long-gone Pan pics are a perfect example of a "Clean Machine"! 8)

AMF/Ride Safe ;)
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

Erichill

My 1948 Bitsa Bike. Lot of work, lot of fun! Eric

Ironman

Erichill

Ironman, Love the photo with the old plane backdrop. Period perfect I'ld say.
Eric

mark61

Hal64,
     A near neighbor has the same bike with a gawd awefull candy apple red metal flack paint job. Low miles when he bought it back in the early '80's for something like $2800.  Probably still has  low miles since he don't seem to go very far on it.  Last time I saw it a chicken was sitting on the  gas tank looking like it was ready to let go.....damn shame. Of course he won't sell it for less than $30,000....

mark61

jellero

damn, some really nice bikes here. i am a sucker for the old dressers. when i was 16 on my yamaha 250 touring michigan, i'll never forget a group of bikers on dressers at a gas station (1968). they were all very large people, women too. the old style caps on the guys, vests, pins, patches. then down the road they passed me and the sound was unforgettable. bought mine three years later. j

62pan

76shuvlinoff

This is one sweet thread,  thanks for the grins!
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Reddog74usa

Her's my 59 FLH. It was my baby for over 20 years till I let a Bro ride it. He went down hard bending the frame. i couldn't find a frame and there was no internet for me at that time so I sold it.   :cry:

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

panheaddreamer58

Reddog74usa

Man these are some sweet Pans  :beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

ShovelheadDave

Just got this 56 FLH 1/13/09!!

iiggii

iiggii

Dave lookin good ,If you dont mind what did you give for it?. i have a 55 - 57 and a 60 if i keep it,But wright now i have a line on a 1950 that has been sitin for 20 years, also i have 41 knuck 79 shovel 03 chopper and a 77 sporty and 06 roadking. have to be careful and truthful i love the bikes but dont want to have to sleep with them. right now all of my 401 and other investments and heading south,I try to tell her these are like Harley Mutual funds-its true.the old ones are like buying land they dont make it no more . :idea:iiggii.

PanHeadRed

iiggii, I have interest in the 60, what's the deal on that?

iiggii

PanHeadRed i have a real nice 1960 motor i was going to put in another bobber. the engine is in the swap area .check it out the motor is nice with title. to many projects doin a 41 knuck and a 34 chev 3 window. to much. iiggii.

PanHeadRed

iiggii, I saw the engine in the swap section, is that all you have the title and the engine? Do you have the rest/most/some of the bike?

iiggii

Thats it as far as 1960 goes ,was going to build another bobber with it.

CraigArizona85248

That orange panhead has my eyes wide too.  Awesome looking bike.

I know... this isn't a panhead but it's a knuck belonging to another HTT member (Robin).  Those who like Orange might dig it.  Just to keep on subject ("Show Your Panhead") my bike is in the background  :teeth:

I think this orange w/ blue flames just pops!

panpered

Craig, I remember that orange knuck from a while back on your web site.  I might have had that in the back of my mind when I decided to try orange.  Just for anyone interested, Dupont has a line called Hot Hues.  All of them are mind blowing in the sun no matter what color you go with.

The jockey shift takes a while to get used to.  You have to really be thinking ahead in traffic.  I am learning to find neutral quicker so I don't worry about putting the wrong foot down!  Thanks for the comments.  It was a fun project, but I need to get into riding mode instead of building mode.  I sure did not build it to look at.

panpered

Jusbo48

I am not a Pan owner, (shovel here) but love all you fellas Pans.
I was wondering about the Knuck with the alternator cases and electric start.
didnt know Knucks could be placed on those cases.
I have an extra set of cases and lower parts so making a Knuck powerplant like that really got me fired up.Maybe even a Pan with a shovel lower.

chris haynes

June 07, 2009, 01:26:41 PM #31 Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:18:36 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
 If all goes well and the tide don't rise I will have this 1950 Panhead for sale at the Dixon, CA meet on June 19th & 20th. I know, the rear fender has to go!!! But thats what came on the bike.

NRA Member
Costco Member

moose

nice chris

could I have all your spare parts for my 50, I promise I'll pay the postage
Moose aka Glenn-

Deye76

Sweet :up:
Nothing like getting re-aquainted with an old friend.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

twincamzz

Beautiful machine ya got there Reddog !!  :up: :up:
not all who wander are lost...

Pzokes

Wow! I haven't looked at this page in a while.  A lotta nice bikes have been added.
There's miles to go before I sleep.

ShovelheadDave

twincamzz

Okay, here's my '61 Panhead, "Norma Jean". Only got her a week ago, so still have some work to do. Did get to take my first ride on her yesterday though as it took me a few days to get her ready to stretch her legs after a 3 year nap. The previous owner had her for over 20 years & was killed in a bike wreck on his other bike back in 2006. All his daughter knew about the bike was that it was black & had been sitting in her garage for 3 years. However, I tend to believe that the motor was rebuilt sometime before his death, because this thing runs like top ! No knocks, smoke or other bad sounds. Hell, I'd rather be lucky than good anyday.

BART

twincamzz - That Norma Jean is one good looking gal.

BART

twincamzz

Just wanted to add a couple pix of my '61. The ones I posted last August were from when I first got her home. Lots of changes since then. lol.

Pzokes

You've done a lot of work since the original pictures.  That is my favorite style for swingframe Panheads.  Are those late model Heritage saddlebags?
There's miles to go before I sleep.

twincamzz

Thanks Pzokes...yea, I've been busy trying to get this ol' gal up & running. Nope, not Heritage bags, just some aftermarket that I thought "fit the look' I was going for. I made the S/S saddlebag brackets for 'em, BTW.

prodrag1320

Brrrap

Dave Beautiful chop ya got there  :up:
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

Superheat9

GREAT BIKES !!!!   There was a one old black and white picture, reminded me of the big bro, from back in the day.  He wasn't called a biker back then, he was a JD.... Juvenal Delinquent
Thanks for sharing.

Fred Pickering

Heres mine not going to be a NOS bike hard time finding parts has it is. So i elected to just do a old school themed bike.

Link is to pics on Facebook should work here i
belive.http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=49217&id=1640694874

panjs

Quote from: Fred Pickering on November 28, 2010, 12:13:08 PM
Heres mine not going to be a NOS bike hard time finding parts has it is. So i elected to just do a old school themed bike.

Link is to pics on Facebook should work here i
belive.http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=49217&id=1640694874
Looking good Fred  :up:

Snuffâ„¢

:up:  Hey Guys, I think we have some nice Pans!   :beer: :beer: :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

clay_mover

May 26, 2011, 01:04:24 PM #48 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:50:25 PM by FSG
updated photos

I'd rather be Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six!

Reddog74usa

Clay, Bike Looks GREAT  :beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Slarsonroy

My 53 FLE I traded for last year. I had a 43 Indian 741 Scout and  I met this guy at a local bike show who had the pan for sale. We started talking and, long story short, hes been looking for an Indian and we made a trade. Been working on it all winter and have put about 100 miles on it so far.

2012 Electraglide
1979 FXEF,1953 FLEF

rigidthumper

My late model 48
[attach=0]

Took me a while, but it runs and drives OK.  Aftermarket rigid frame, Evo heritage front end/wheels, HD 48 EL (74 internals) power train.
And its red!
http://youtu.be/IBh6yXyC_hs

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

easyricer

Yeah, Love the Pan and the lift! I gotta get out the shed and work on mine. Too much to do and no time to do it!
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

sfmichael

how pricey is "pricey"?   :nix:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Hogman

Quote from: sfmichael on July 16, 2013, 01:50:49 PM
how pricey is "pricey"?   :nix:

Did You happen to find any Price Lists on their web site sfmichael? I Looked at (as far as I Know) Every Page I could bring up, and couldn't find Anything about Prices.  :nix:
Hogman

ultralyd

My old 53. Still regret selling it...

Dodgy

Just finished this. Decided to stick with stock paint job. Love it!!!!

Hogman

Quote from: Dodgy on April 19, 2014, 03:42:27 AM
Just finished this. Decided to stick with stock paint job. Love it!!!!

A True "DROOLER"! That is REALLLLL NICE! I Love it Too!
Hogman

Reddog74usa

Holy "Potty mouth" that bike is sweet. My favorite year. Here's a pic of me on my 59 FLH from 87. Grin on my face was complements of the Good Lord as I was on my way to the hospital to see my new baby boy.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

CraigArizona85248

Snuffâ„¢

That's one sharp looking '49!

Reddog74usa

Very nice work. She's look'n great  :beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

toe cutter

October 31, 2014, 08:33:35 AM #63 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:46:53 AM by toe cutter
my Frankenstein 1954 pan
BE HONEST,BUILD OR FIX IT RIGHT AND THEY WILL COME BACK.

Brrrap

82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

Jonny Cash

[attach=0]

Here is a pic of my '58, that I built in '96.  I sold it to a guy on Columbus OH in '02, it's the one bike I kick myself for letting go of.

Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

Brrrap

Jonny, Great looking bike! I'm liking that!

CraigArizona85248

I'm just catching up after not looking at this thread for a while. Toe_cutter, Johnny Cash and  Yank... Those are ALL righteous rides. Thanks for posting them.

-Craig

themanfromars

Well....here's the before picture....considering its now in a million pieces looking forward to posting an after pic soon!

Deye76

My dual belt drive I built a long time ago. Frame lowered in the rear, stretched in the down tubes. 1962 right side case mated to a 1970 left side case, 80" lightened Evo flywheels.   

wmnmy

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

wmnmy

Hahahah yea 1965 ford turquoise paint needed something bright so these non Vegas drivers could see me since they totaled two white Harley's I rode , while I was on them 7 years apart .... Still here as you can see I put a right side starter on it can't kick lol but I can still ride lol..

wmnmy

Enjoying the ride.

flatfifth2003

Just got this one 2 weeks ago, pretty much original from the looks of it!

58Tin

wow-that's a great looking 65-looks like an original survivor to me

flatfifth2003

It is pretty much correct,it had a repaint about 20 yrs  ago  I do have the original seat with the gold trim but it's wrapped up in the closet.have original bill of sale and all kind of pictures over the years too.

Wicked

Great find!!  Only thing that would make it look better is if it was in my shop!   :bike:

Brrrap

[attach=0] [attach=1]
By request, Been posted here before,

david lee

Quote from: flatfifth2003 on May 19, 2017, 02:03:55 AM
Just got this one 2 weeks ago, pretty much original from the looks of it!
what did you pay for it.thank you

david lee

Quote from: Brrrap on August 08, 2017, 07:09:38 AM
[attach=0] [attach=1]
By request, Been posted here before,
thats cool .like the locomotive headlight

brett

Fired it up last weekend, a few odds and ends yet to finish up.

Hossamania

AndyH

twincamzz

J-harley

Hossamania

That is a sweet looking ride!

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Reddog74usa

:beer: :up: BEAUTIFUL RIDE..... Ride it don't hide it.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

J-harley

I make my miles every year with both my bikes.  :smiled:

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

58Tin

January 06, 2019, 11:59:52 AM #91 Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:14:33 PM by 58Tin
 [attach=0,msg1275483]

I've this bike since Dec 1978

moose

Moose aka Glenn-

jls 64

js

knuckleheadgeorge

1952 Panhead

Basket case that was finished around 08.

My son was 17 at  the time . . . this was his 1st ever paint job.

Proud Dad

Reddog74usa

February 02, 2019, 03:24:26 PM #95 Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:29:17 PM by Reddog74usa
Had been looking for a very long time for another 59 FLH and finally found one she's not a 100 point bike but is close enough for me and will be a lot of fun. Just got it running and took it out for a short run. Very smooth runner, shifts great and is an awesome base to work with. When I took it out today I wore the same jacket as in the older pic that I bought with my first paycheck when I worked for the railroad in the track gangs. And yep, it still fits. Here's some pics of it right off the truck and one of me on my other 59 FLH from back in the day.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

HogMike

My 65 and RJ' 65
His was a lot nicer than mine, but mine was more original!
LOL

:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

HOGMIKE
SoCal

Reddog74usa

I like em both. My other 59 back in the day was a chrome whore but that's what we did back then despite the old school blacked out look that they try to speele these days. Even the Harley dealers had chrome exchange counters right there in the showroom. This one I'm going to go for a more original look but I'm not going to get nutz over it with 1000 dollar oem mufflers and alike.  Here's a pic of my 62. It had a few aftermarket pieces on it but it was still a very nice bike. Gonna go for something like it with this 59.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

HogMike

Beautiful bike!
My friend was the parts guy at our local dealer for years and had a nice 59
It was his main ride for years.
Can't find those pics on here.
I had 2-1958 pans but they were mostly parts bikes that I used to restore other bikes. Had a very nice riding 55 that I still regret selling in the late 80's.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

I think this was the bike I had a pirelli on the front and a Beck on the rear, I remember it handling very well. Well, at least for the late 70's early 80's that is!
LOL
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Reddog74usa

That 55 is SWEET. I know the feelin all to well. My older 59 got wrecked and I couldn't find a frame for it so I sold it. When that bike was rollin away on the trailer I had the strangest feelin in my chest. Like it was hollow as I loved that damn bike. Now it's time to do this one up and ride off into the sunset in style  :beer: :up: :smiled:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

HogMike

Not many of my old bikes would I like to have back, but the 55 is one of them, and probably my 1941 Indian 4!

My 49 FL was a nice restoration, but was mostly a show bike, never rode as smooth as the 55.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

sfmichael

crappy picture  :smilep: - beautiful bike  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

HogMike

Quote from: sfmichael on February 04, 2019, 05:30:25 PM
crappy picture  :smilep: - beautiful bike  :up:

Yeah, sorry,it's all I could find. Insramatic, circa 1980

1980, Harley invitational show, "Artistry in Iron"
I still have the belt buckles they passed ou, but not the bikes anymore!

:chop:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

sfmichael

man that thing is gorgeous  :rose:
Colorado Springs, CO.

flatfifth2003

flatfifth2003

fbn ent

Hossamania

JohnnyCashPan

Pieced together franken pan.  Had it since the mid '70s.

Old, slow and fat...

fbn ent

JohnnyCashPan

Found some more pics.  I've had this thing rolling since 1976(?) or so.  It's been through several phases...

and...

Still got her, will end my riding days on her.
Old, slow and fat...

Devo

Here is a couple shots of my winter project

Hossamania

crock

Crock

JohnnyCashPan

Old, slow and fat...

fbn ent

:up:  I have a postage stamp like that ...  :crook:

SuperFly

Took this pic last summer on a 2000 Klm trip back from the Kootenays

..  http://postimg.cc/v1L5rskZ

HogMike

Quote from: Devo on February 01, 2021, 02:40:06 AM
Here is a couple shots of my winter project

Very nice bike, looks like mostly correct parts.
Very rare these days to see something this close to original.
Well done.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

BFBubba

Devo

Fresh top end ready for test and tune. It ain't perfect but I sure like it. Slowly replacing the replaced stuff with OEM stuff. 65 bags at the painter to replace these 69 bags. Getting closer.

Hossamania

Such a great look, Devo!

Deye76

Could swear I posted years ago, don't know what happened. Anyway, my multi-year dual belt drive (primary & rear drive), electric start, in a lowered in the rear, stretched in the front down tubes frame, 80 cu. in. Pan. Lightened Evo flywheels, no lead valve seats, and Shovel valves in the heads, Shovel exhaust ports on the heads.

Snuffâ„¢

I posted this one 10/11 years ago, think photobucket cause of missing post.  A friend tore this down back in '89, but never got around to chrome it all out.  I rescued it in '04 and restored it back to ~98% original. Still got it! But collecting dust.

-Snuff :beer:

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Deye76

Good work Snuff. I have always liked the bubble bags.

Fugawee

September 07, 2022, 04:27:23 PM #127 Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 04:35:12 PM by Fugawee

51' Pan loaded on the Trailer going to its New Owner.  June 2021...
That was a 4-5 year project.  Still wiping away the tears.

Hossamania

A tough one to let go.

Reddog74usa

Very nice. Sold a nice 59 FLH bout 2 years ago and still regret it. Finnishing  up a 62 right now and hope I can afford to keep this one. These old scoots are getting harder to do with availability of quality parts. I have 10 months waiting for paint and headwork alone. I have them now and just waiting for a few parts to complete the build.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Reddog74usa

December 29, 2022, 09:59:45 AM #130 Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 11:03:40 AM by Reddog74usa
With quality parts getting so expensive and hard to find this is my last frame off build. My 1962 FLH. The way I like it....

You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.

Here's the rundown on the build:

The frame, engine, trans, speedometer and other parts are original to the bike with the rest as mentioned are either Harley or top quality made in USA parts with a few exceptions like the risers, oil tank and a few trim pieces.

Frame is the original drop seat and still has the fork lock.
Fenders are Harley and the tanks are 4.2 gallon off a springer Softail.

Engine: Heads have been redone by Randy Long with new guides and springs. Castings are excellent with no cracks at all as shown in pics. Valve covers are OEM Stainless steel. Pistons are 0:10  over 8.5-1, lifters are Jims, cam is an Andrews F grind which is the same as the old A grind with a few degrees offset to deter pinging. Push rods are Velva Touch, ignition is a Mallory electronic unit (new module) installed correctly with the correct balast resistor and signal module to insure reliability and longevity. Starts  on one kick. Oil pump and cam cover and tappet blocks are original. Cylinders are aftermarket from back in the 80's from Superior. Carb is an S&S E that has been gone thru and works great.

Trans is original to the bike with a 61 date code and has been gone thru with new Andrews main shaft, Main drive gear, shift dogs, paw springs along with a Nice James double lip main seal and new spacer with no leaks. Trans shifts very nice. Trans sprocket is a Made in USA PBI 23 tooth with a top quality oring chain. Rear sprocket is a 49 tooth which results in nice around town maners and cruises the highway without reving to high.

Primary has been upgraded to a BDL belt drive with a Rivera Pro (API) clutch with a new engine sprocket shaft seal and spacer installed to insure a dry primary. Goes in gear without a sound, nice easy pull on the clutch lever and nice smooth shifts.

Wiring is all new, coil is H-D, tail light is oem H-D with glass tag lens and aftermarket tail light lens for better visability.  Generator is a new Cycle Electric low charge rate 12 volt made in USA with regulator. Battery is a new Deka AGM.

Seat, grips, mirrors are all genuine H-D with some hard to find rare old school items such as the Genuine from back in the day Sifton Star front brake master cylinder, Railroad Spike foot pegs along with some vintage flying bird trim parts ie. the derby and coil covers.

Wheels are very nice with genuine H-D timken bearing hubs,  oem nos rims laced and trued by Buchanans with thier polished stainless steel spokes.  Tires are new Avons.

Front is H-D, bars are from a Softail Slim. Rear shocks are Progressive. Swing arm is from a 85 Low Rider with new bearings and seals. Mirrors are original H-D from back in the day. Took a year to get it done but it was worth it.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Deye76

Came out very good Reddog.

Hossamania

Snuffâ„¢

Nice work on that bike Reddog, and really good documentation write-up!

-Snuff :beer:

Reddog74usa

Thanks Snuff, I purchased this bike from a long time friends son as my buddy had a serious stroke and the kid wasn't interested in it. It looked like a page out of a 1990's Easy Riders with disc wheels, streched tanks and 90's paint job. Engine and trans were painted in that old school heavy wrinkle black which was tough to remove but I got it done. My friend is a long time rider and did his own wrenching so I thought I would just be in for a face lift with some different tins, paint and full service however when I got it running and took it out for a test ride I knew I was in for a lot more than that as the trans locked up just a half mile from the house. Luckily I was only going about 25 or 30 when it happened so no damage to me or the trans case.

By the time it was done the only things I used were the engine, trans, speedo, frame and a few smaller parts, the rest was replaced as mentioned in the write-up. Bike turned out very nice but man it sure wasn't what I thought it was when I bought it and chalked it up to another lesson learned as I couldn't belive a long time rider that wrenched on his own bike for many years would turn out out that kind of work especially on his own scoot. Now she's a great runing bike that starts on one kick and is one of the smoothest Pans I ever rode. Heres a pic of it before I redid it.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Hossamania

That is a full on 90's build!

nmainehunter

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wWEhTXAY7Li9DFZQ9 My 63 that I have been building for the last few winters.

JSD

Reddog is the disy a A557 or A556 ?

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

JSD

The A556 is single fire with mechanical advance weights. A557 uses gold cup rotor and can run avoes

Reddog74usa

It's the 556 then. Works great
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Fugawee

It's been a while since I dropped by here.
It's nice to see all of the Old Iron still breathing.
Great Job to ALL of You for keeping the Pans alive.  :up:  :beer:

Excalibur

I know I like looking at Panhead pics so here is mine. She's a rider... not a show winner but she ticks a few boxes for me.

Ohio HD

Very clean looking bike. I like the two tone blue and white too. 

kd

Quote from: Excalibur on January 29, 2023, 08:51:31 PMI know I like looking at Panhead pics so here is mine. She's a rider... not a show winner but she ticks a few boxes for me.

Got a pic of the whole bike?
KD

Excalibur

Pics taken at various times over 8 years of ownership. In the first year it got new heads and rebore. Clocked up about 25k miles.

JSD

Sweet as mate. You in NZ or :up: OZ WA? 

Excalibur

Quote from: JSD on January 30, 2023, 09:46:37 PMSweet as mate. You in NZ or :up: OZ WA?
Hamilton, NZ.

Specs:
S.U. carb
Dyna S single fire.
Heads S.T.D
Average 48 mpg (US)
Front end Gold Valve cartridge emulators.
Rear shocks Progressives

JSD

Reddog74usa

Real nice Pan. I have some friends that are in the Tauranga area that ride with the BOPCC. Good folks.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Hossamania

I have a friend, unfortunately passed a few years ago, that rode a '61 Pan with a mousetrap almost daily for 30 years or more. He finally broke down and bought a used RoadKing in very nice shape. I think I saw him ride it half a dozen times, otherwise it was always the Pan. Luckily he had another very good friend who was a talented wrench with the old Pans and Shovels, kept it on the road for him. It was no big deal for him to pull a tire and patch it while out and about. Of course, none of those guys believed in spending any real money on things like tires as long as they were mostly still round, so flats and repairs were pretty common on the road.

Excalibur

January 31, 2023, 04:01:46 PM #151 Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 04:38:20 PM by FSG
Here's another pic alongside my buddy's sweet '52..

Hoss, I hear you re riding and owning the old bikes, Pan/Shovels etc. To own one means becoming your own expert, putting in the time, energy and effort to sort them out. Not a bike for the faint hearted, that's for sure.
My bike is not particularly original so I'm OK with doing a few mods. Gas price is the equivalent of US$6.48 /US gallon so the SU carb was a no brainer.

It's a rider and it gets ridden and licensed year round.

It has a mousetrap and I love it. One you get your head around how to fettle them, they are so good. Wish the Shovel had one...

BigT

My pan back around 1990.

HogMike

3 of us had/has blue pans.
2 went on to good homes, one is still here!You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

JSD

echd215

Work in progress

Fugawee

That Work in Progress looks Pretty Good from where I'm sitting.
Nice Job!