March 28, 2024, 07:03:01 AM

News:

Show Your Panhead

Started by CraigArizona85248, November 01, 2008, 12:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike8875 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

iiggii

PanHeadRed i have a real nice 1960 motor i was going to put in another bobber. the engine is in the swap area .check it out the motor is nice with title. to many projects doin a 41 knuck and a 34 chev 3 window. to much. iiggii.

PanHeadRed

iiggii, I saw the engine in the swap section, is that all you have the title and the engine? Do you have the rest/most/some of the bike?

iiggii

Thats it as far as 1960 goes ,was going to build another bobber with it.

CraigArizona85248

That orange panhead has my eyes wide too.  Awesome looking bike.

I know... this isn't a panhead but it's a knuck belonging to another HTT member (Robin).  Those who like Orange might dig it.  Just to keep on subject ("Show Your Panhead") my bike is in the background  :teeth:

I think this orange w/ blue flames just pops!

panpered

Craig, I remember that orange knuck from a while back on your web site.  I might have had that in the back of my mind when I decided to try orange.  Just for anyone interested, Dupont has a line called Hot Hues.  All of them are mind blowing in the sun no matter what color you go with.

The jockey shift takes a while to get used to.  You have to really be thinking ahead in traffic.  I am learning to find neutral quicker so I don't worry about putting the wrong foot down!  Thanks for the comments.  It was a fun project, but I need to get into riding mode instead of building mode.  I sure did not build it to look at.

panpered

Jusbo48

I am not a Pan owner, (shovel here) but love all you fellas Pans.
I was wondering about the Knuck with the alternator cases and electric start.
didnt know Knucks could be placed on those cases.
I have an extra set of cases and lower parts so making a Knuck powerplant like that really got me fired up.Maybe even a Pan with a shovel lower.

chris haynes

June 07, 2009, 01:26:41 PM #31 Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:18:36 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
 If all goes well and the tide don't rise I will have this 1950 Panhead for sale at the Dixon, CA meet on June 19th & 20th. I know, the rear fender has to go!!! But thats what came on the bike.

NRA Member
Costco Member
Iron Butt Association Member I can't Re Member

moose

nice chris

could I have all your spare parts for my 50, I promise I'll pay the postage
Moose aka Glenn-

Deye76

Sweet :up:
Nothing like getting re-aquainted with an old friend.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

twincamzz

Beautiful machine ya got there Reddog !!  :up: :up:
not all who wander are lost...

Pzokes

Wow! I haven't looked at this page in a while.  A lotta nice bikes have been added.
There's miles to go before I sleep.

ShovelheadDave

twincamzz

Okay, here's my '61 Panhead, "Norma Jean". Only got her a week ago, so still have some work to do. Did get to take my first ride on her yesterday though as it took me a few days to get her ready to stretch her legs after a 3 year nap. The previous owner had her for over 20 years & was killed in a bike wreck on his other bike back in 2006. All his daughter knew about the bike was that it was black & had been sitting in her garage for 3 years. However, I tend to believe that the motor was rebuilt sometime before his death, because this thing runs like top ! No knocks, smoke or other bad sounds. Hell, I'd rather be lucky than good anyday.

BART

twincamzz - That Norma Jean is one good looking gal.

BART

twincamzz

Just wanted to add a couple pix of my '61. The ones I posted last August were from when I first got her home. Lots of changes since then. lol.

Pzokes

You've done a lot of work since the original pictures.  That is my favorite style for swingframe Panheads.  Are those late model Heritage saddlebags?
There's miles to go before I sleep.

twincamzz

Thanks Pzokes...yea, I've been busy trying to get this ol' gal up & running. Nope, not Heritage bags, just some aftermarket that I thought "fit the look' I was going for. I made the S/S saddlebag brackets for 'em, BTW.

prodrag1320

Brrrap

Dave Beautiful chop ya got there  :up:
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

Superheat9

GREAT BIKES !!!!   There was a one old black and white picture, reminded me of the big bro, from back in the day.  He wasn't called a biker back then, he was a JD.... Juvenal Delinquent
Thanks for sharing.

Fred Pickering

Heres mine not going to be a NOS bike hard time finding parts has it is. So i elected to just do a old school themed bike.

Link is to pics on Facebook should work here i
belive.http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=49217&id=1640694874

panjs

Quote from: Fred Pickering on November 28, 2010, 12:13:08 PM
Heres mine not going to be a NOS bike hard time finding parts has it is. So i elected to just do a old school themed bike.

Link is to pics on Facebook should work here i
belive.http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=49217&id=1640694874
Looking good Fred  :up:

Snuff™

:up:  Hey Guys, I think we have some nice Pans!   :beer: :beer: :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

clay_mover

May 26, 2011, 01:04:24 PM #48 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:50:25 PM by FSG
updated photos

I'd rather be Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six!

Reddog74usa

Clay, Bike Looks GREAT  :beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT