May 03, 2024, 08:48:47 AM

News:

Horrible experience at the Dealer

Started by Bullfrog, June 22, 2017, 05:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klammer76

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on June 22, 2017, 03:31:01 PM
Or worse you hear your buddys bike and he is just smiling to beat hell and all you can hear is the lifters hammering away or piston slap at the light .. Your bike is running and you are not sure if yours is making a "new" npoise or is the others around you HA HA  I just turn up the 800 watts of sound system and smile
Oh boy, been there... :SM:

One4Tone

I honestly don't get it. I took out a new M8 Limited. My buddy rode the RK. We had the bikes for an hour. The power was exceptional. Why would anyone need more speed?...honestly buy a used Buell (at least if you have a front wheel flat you can do a wheelie all the way home)...for the kind of money MoCo wants I won't change nothing except the oil and plugs.  :idunno:

Rsw

Why does anyone need more power and speed ?? Because we can!!!

tomcat64

Quote from: Bullfrog on June 22, 2017, 07:38:22 AM
Hossamania, I am located in El Dorado KS and the Dealer assured me that this will not void my warranty.

maybe I missed it, but did you use a TTS?? cause if you did, the warrantee will be flagged!

Bullfrog

I'm not too worried about things that go bump in the night. Good tunes and loud pipes will take care of all those incidental engine noises, that we are so inclined to try to figure out. As far as speed and power. I really wasn't chasing either. I do want my bike to perform well in all conditions and I definitely wanted to loose the cat and the heat that goes with the stock exhaust. I just figured if I'm going that far and paying for a dyno, I might as well go ahead and do the cams, while I'm there. That's as far as I will ever need to go. As far as warranty, we will see how that is dealt with if ever needed. i purchased my last bike when it was 2 years old and tinkered with it a lot. I never needed any dealer work on it, in 8 years of owning it. Better intake, better exhaust, cams and a good tune and I'll be a happy camper. I'll post the results when Steve has finished with the tune.

1workinman

Quote from: klammer76 on June 23, 2017, 05:06:50 AM
Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on June 22, 2017, 03:31:01 PM
Or worse you hear your buddys bike and he is just smiling to beat hell and all you can hear is the lifters hammering away or piston slap at the light .. Your bike is running and you are not sure if yours is making a "new" npoise or is the others around you HA HA  I just turn up the 800 watts of sound system and smile
Oh boy, been there... :SM:
My street glide is at Steve place now from my mistake of not taking it there at first . Damn .

SLAATY

This talk of good tuners has me curious. I'm in the Peoria Illinois area and would consider spending the $$ if I knew of a reliable tuner around these parts.

Don't want the WOT pulls; mostly wanting the 5-40% throttle range tweaked. I don't hammer it, too much invested and I no longer have cash available for expensive repairs down the road (retired 😎).

Anywho, input appreciated...

harleytuner

Quote from: SLAATY on July 04, 2017, 06:03:06 AM
This talk of good tuners has me curious. I'm in the Peoria Illinois area and would consider spending the $$ if I knew of a reliable tuner around these parts.

Don't want the WOT pulls; mostly wanting the 5-40% throttle range tweaked. I don't hammer it, too much invested and I no longer have cash available for expensive repairs down the road (retired 😎).

C&S Speed Shop is in East St. Louis.  I highly recommend Jason. (618) 271-1523

krwson

How bout Durwood @ Sheffer performance HD

SLAATY

Quote from: harleytuner on July 04, 2017, 07:17:51 AM

C&S Speed Shop is in East St. Louis.  I highly recommend Jason. (618) 271-1523

Thanks - I'll check him out! Maybe catch a game while I'm in town...

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Coyote

Quote from: krwson on July 04, 2017, 09:47:28 AM

:up: Top notch choice.

harleytuner

Quote from: Coyote on July 04, 2017, 05:47:08 PM
Quote from: krwson on July 04, 2017, 09:47:28 AM

:up: Top notch choice.

I agree. I didn't realize he was in that region.  Either choice will get it done.

SLAATY

Quote from: rigidthumper on July 04, 2017, 05:32:25 PM
Uh, the Rams moved to LA 😄

Yeah, but that was to get out of the Card's shadow... :SM:

Herko

...mostly wanting the 5-40% throttle range tweaked...
Part throttle tuning is an area that can separate the men from the boys in the tuning arena.
To get you're your bike in an Excellent State of Tune (EST) for part throttle operation requires expertise not found at some tuning facilities.

Durwood of Sheffer Performance HD implements a disciplined procedure for the entire tune...including the part throttle phase of the tune.

The WOT phase of the tune is the easy part. The part throttle phase requires the bulk of the time and skill.
Durwood certainly has this skill.
There is much more to it than simply calibrating VEs to a commanded AFR (or set of commanded AFRs) and tweaking the spark tables.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Bullfrog

Bullfrog

I would just like to say thank you to Jamie and the gang, at Fuel Moto and give an update on this situation. After being told that the bike just wouldn't tune, due to the parts that I picked, I contacted Fuel Moto to find out their take on this. Jamie got on the phone with me and promised me that the parts that I purchased from them are proven and tested parts, and that if I would bring the bike to him, he would make sure that it was tuned correctly when it left his shop. My Girlfriend and myself were planning a trip anyway, so we redirected our trip to Wisconsin to, hopefully get my bike to run the way that it should. I have to say that Jamie and the rest of the Fuel Moto crew were nothing but professional and were great to deal with. Jamie called me after uninstalling the TTS and installing the PV, with his custom map to tell me that the bike was already running much better. I would like to say that there was nothing wrong with the TTS, Jamie just tunes with the PV. Jamie did mention that it was needing more air and after removing the Screamin Eagle cover, it improved even more, so I had him go ahead and switch that out for the S&S air cleaner. I also had Jamie install the inserts in the mufflers, that was my preference just to knock a couple of decibels off of the cruising volume. I will say that my bike now runs much better, all across the RPM range and I can pull away from a stop, two up and loaded with luggage, with very little throttle. The final numbers are 110 HP and 109 TQ and these are more than just peak numbers, this bike is now a pleasure to ride again. The ride home was much more enjoyable than the ride up there. I will say that these guys are top notch. I never sensed any type of arrogance or animosity Jamie but I will say that he was never anything but confident that he could deliver on his word, and he did. I think that if we let ourselves believe that we are in competition with the next guy, sometimes it is the customer that suffers and I believe that as a business, when you let your personality conflicts trump your professionalism, everybody loses.  With all of this being said, I am very happy with the performance of the bike and would again, like to say thanks to Jamie and Bob for all of the help. Oh and Jamie, thanks for the suggestion of La Crosse, it was a beautiful ride.

Thanks again,

Bullfrog

Pete_Vit

:up: - this is what I love about this place  :beer: :beer:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Good_Apollo

Valley Racing in Beecher, IL

hogsty

Finding a good tuner in the Dallas area is impossible.  That is until Steve moved GMR around the corner from me.  He did a magnificent job on my 2014.  It runs superb.  He didn't like the parts I installed on the bike, but I asked him to do the best he can with them.   He exceeded my expectations by an order of magnitude.

This was several years ago and I still love my tune.  If I had to drive 6 hours or more to get him to tune my bike I wouldn't think twice about it.  If and when I get a new bike he will certainly be the first person I call.