Previous topic - Next topic

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Ram on May 02, 2009, 05:04:54 AM
Quote from: RoadKingKohn on May 02, 2009, 03:20:14 AM
Quote from: Ram on May 01, 2009, 03:11:02 PM
Quote from: RoadKingKohn on May 01, 2009, 12:37:44 PM
Quote from: nc-renegade on May 01, 2009, 09:37:04 AM
Quote from: Steve Cole on May 01, 2009, 09:14:53 AM
Yes, we said we would release an upgrade for the SERT and it will happen, no changing our mind on it at all. The one thing we require is for it to work and be correct, not half correct! The next release of Mastertune contains the necessary modifications for this to happen, it is currently under test here. Once this is released the upgrade for the SERT will follow, not before. The SERT upgrade is for the 2005 and newer bikes.

Will the upgrade provide the necessary (I assume) firmware and wiring changes needed to add the narrowband o2 sensors to an 05 ECU?  The Vtune software will be able to be used on these bikes?
About 2 weeks ago I finished converting my 05 FLHRCI over.  I used the O2 sensors from the DTT TCFI II that I had (the ECM died).  Put in my old ECM.  Programmed the ECM with the TTS and went for 2 rides.  It works great.  You just have to make sure you load a program that will work with the O2 sensors from the list.  I believe you would need a 2007 program like I did.
Which start TTS starter program did you use? And is you engine a stock TC-88 with just external mod's like exhaust and air filter?

Also in process of doing the same to my '06 FLHRI TC-88 stock engine with SE A/F and LSR 2 into 1 exhaust with 25* injectors.
I just used one that worked for a 2007 that was set-up for what you have on your bike.

My 2005 has 10 to 1 CP pistons (95 cu in) with 2006 head milled (not ported but has 1.97 Int and 1.57 Exh) to 86cc. Stock 2006 Throttle Body with 25 degree injectors, HQ-0034-G cam, and true duals with SuperTrapp SE mufflers.  It is running really well.  A lot better than it did after 1 year of tuning with the DTT.

? Can you check and see if it was 141NX104 or NP141-104 or NI176-002 or AE176-002 ? ?

I'm going to be wiring mine hopefully this weekend if the rain stays away and I'd like to start the tuning process at least with a map that someone has said that works?
It has to be a 176 in order for the VTune to work. QD176-002-B1

Ram

Quote from: RoadKingKohn on May 02, 2009, 04:01:21 PM
Quote from: Ram on May 02, 2009, 05:04:54 AM
Quote from: RoadKingKohn on May 02, 2009, 03:20:14 AM
Quote from: Ram on May 01, 2009, 03:11:02 PM
Quote from: nc-renegade on May 01, 2009, 09:37:04 AM
Quote from: Steve Cole on May 01, 2009, 09:14:53 AM
Yes, we said we would release an upgrade for the SERT and it will happen, no changing our mind on it at all. The one thing we require is for it to work and be correct, not half correct! The next release of Mastertune contains the necessary modifications for this to happen, it is currently under test here. Once this is released the upgrade for the SERT will follow, not before. The SERT upgrade is for the 2005 and newer bikes.

Will the upgrade provide the necessary (I assume) firmware and wiring changes needed to add the narrowband o2 sensors to an 05 ECU?  The Vtune software will be able to be used on these bikes?
About 2 weeks ago I finished converting my 05 FLHRCI over.  I used the O2 sensors from the DTT TCFI II that I had (the ECM died).  Put in my old ECM.  Programmed the ECM with the TTS and went for 2 rides.  It works great.  You just have to make sure you load a program that will work with the O2 sensors from the list.  I believe you would need a 2007 program like I did.
Which start TTS starter program did you use? And is you engine a stock TC-88 with just external mod's like exhaust and air filter?

Also in process of doing the same to my '06 FLHRI TC-88 stock engine with SE A/F and LSR 2 into 1 exhaust with 25* injectors.
I just used one that worked for a 2007 that was set-up for what you have on your bike.

My 2005 has 10 to 1 CP pistons (95 cu in) with 2006 head milled (not ported but has 1.97 Int and 1.57 Exh) to 86cc. Stock 2006 Throttle Body with 25 degree injectors, HQ-0034-G cam, and true duals with SuperTrapp SE mufflers.  It is running really well.  A lot better than it did after 1 year of tuning with the DTT.

? Can you check and see if it was 141NX104 or NP141-104 or NI176-002 or AE176-002 ? ?

I'm going to be wiring mine hopefully this weekend if the rain stays away and I'd like to start the tuning process at least with a map that someone has said that works?
Thanks
'06 FLHRI Road King, ULTRA dress, o2's, TTS tune, LSR 2-1 Black Holes quiet pipe

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Ram on May 02, 2009, 05:05:39 PM
Thanks
[/quote]
Make sure that you read the manual and the MasterTuneCalFileListing-2009.pdf (There might be a A or B after the year).  Otherwise you might blow it up.  :rtfb:

Ram

Quote from: RoadKingKohn on May 03, 2009, 04:34:49 AM
Quote from: Ram on May 02, 2009, 05:05:39 PM
Thanks
Make sure that you read the manual and the MasterTuneCalFileListing-2009.pdf (There might be a A or B after the year).  Otherwise you might blow it up.  :rtfb:
[/quote]
Will read the manual and observe the A or B!  :up:

Thanks again
'06 FLHRI Road King, ULTRA dress, o2's, TTS tune, LSR 2-1 Black Holes quiet pipe

nc-renegade

I used the O2 sensors from the DTT TCFI II that I had (the ECM died). 

Trying to understand this.

These are wideband sensors, correct?  I was planning to use narrowband and pin them out in the harness as per 07 and up bikes.  Are you saying the wideband sensors worked on your bike and how did you connect them into the ECU?  Does the DTT TCFI II sensors hook up to the 4 pin data port?

Regards,
NC

Perhaps Steve Cole can comment on this?
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

Ram

Quote from: nc-renegade on May 03, 2009, 07:00:20 AM

These are wideband sensors, correct?  I was planning to use narrowband and pin them out in the harness as per 07 and up bikes.  Are you saying the wideband sensors worked on your bike and how did you connect them into the ECU?  Does the DTT TCFI II sensors hook up to the 4 pin data port?

Regards,
NC

You have a PM

RoadKingKohn

Regards,
NC

Yes they are O2 sensors that DTT has on their web site.  Yes they are working.  Why I don't know.  But I do have them in the correct pin locations for my ECM and am using the DTT WEGO II controller.

sportygordy

Quote from: ToBeFrank on April 28, 2009, 07:57:01 PM
Quote from: Steve Cole on April 28, 2009, 06:58:05 PMHD gives away an excel sheet for doing it so that's no big deal! Want to guess who did it?

Sure... those guys did. I know for a fact they did not start from a spreadsheet developed by anyone else.

QuoteNo one needs to pay us $400 just to tune there bike if they already have a SERT, your just trying to make yourself feel better!

How's the SERT upgrade coming along?

QuoteYou said you would do it for free, so now you've backed out of that, sounds about right for you.

Yes, I did. Like I said, this is America and I'm allowed to change my mind. I'm definitely not gouging anyone at $50.

QuoteDoes the GUI look just like Vtune too?

Actually it looks more like the Twin Scan as that was the inspiration.

QuoteIt's a lot easier to do when all you have to do is copy someone else's work!

Next you're going to claim you wrote my wideband algorithm.

QuoteAs for your test between a MT6 file and our tools pardon me if I have to call BS on that one. I would love to see that test run and cover the whole VE map area and see how close they really come. I already know that answer!

You're allowed to do that, but the data doesn't lie.

QuoteThen you are also leaving out what a customer gets when they use Mastertune Vs SESPT and you software, $459.00 + $50 = $500 for you and HD. Mastertune is $425 and you get more features with Mastertune. So whose really trying to get peoples hard earned money here!

You completely missed the mark. My software is for guys who already have the SEST or the SERT and don't want to have to spend another $400 to buy the TTS to tune it themselves.

It wont be his last either. He has a major problem comprehending issues, Not to the mention the countless times he has contradicted himself. His words have turned to a grain of salt in my book and his creditability is worthless Oh... He has an agenda too.. but he cant keep up with SOTA product's.  :smilep:

tarheelrdr

I have an 04 ultra-113" Headquarters build, 10.5 comp. and DTT/wego setup/02 sensors installed. My question-I want to change to the TTS and use HQ's protuner. Will this system work on my bike. I still have my old ecm. Will I be able to tweak the system like the DTT ?

Thanks

Tim

FLTRI

Quote from: tarheelrdr on May 17, 2009, 02:21:50 PM
Will I be able to tweak the system like the DTT ?
Simple answer: No.
IMO, the best solution with your build is to put your stock ECM back on when you get to a qualified tuner and have him get in nuts-on with a TTS Mastertune.
HTH, Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Doc 1

Quote from: FLTRI on May 17, 2009, 05:01:01 PM
Quote from: tarheelrdr on May 17, 2009, 02:21:50 PM
Will I be able to tweak the system like the DTT ?
Simple answer: No.
IMO, the best solution with your build is to put your stock ECM back on when you get to a qualified tuner and have him get in nuts-on with a TTS Mastertune.
HTH, Bob

I agree with Bob......let HQ  build heads and the tuners build the tuner.

Don D

Regards,
NC

This is wacky
wida bands wego IId and the stock ecu tuned with 07 CL map???

FLTRI

The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Deweysheads on May 18, 2009, 06:01:39 PM

Regards,
NC

This is wacky
wida bands wego IId and the stock ecu tuned with 07 CL map???

So far, it is working.  Why?  I don't know.  The only thing I can think of is that the WEGO box is helping it to work with the ECM.

Unbalanced

I know there was another thread on RoadKingKohns setup, but I do not recall seeing any comments from Steve Cole or Doc1 about this setup and the claim that it is working with V-Tunes.   

Can the V-Tune and voltage Change work with TTS and Widebands?   Is this a possibility?    Steve I saw you quickly call BS previously in this post yet have not seen you confirm or deny this wide band link to your software.

Also you stated in this thread 05 v-tune coming in near future.   What about not using V-Tune but using the TTS calibrations and mt7 files on 02 to 04?    Is this going to be possible vs. having to keep 4.77 mt6 around and also keep TTS 130 etc on a computer together to tune your bikes?

AkMan

Looks like I will wait and do the upgrade when it comes out. In the meantime, i will read all I can here

Steve Cole

The Wide band system puts out a voltage while a stock O2 sensor switches voltage from 0 - 1 vdc. These are totally differnt things and it will not work properly. Some wide band kits have a simulated O2 output and we have found those not to be very good so we do not recommend them
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.