March 28, 2024, 10:34:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Internal engine cleaner

Started by Panzer Jr., July 07, 2017, 05:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer Jr.

Anybody have a go to product to clean up the inside of the engine? Seafoam or something like that? What about an injector cleaner?

rbabos

Quote from: Panzer Jr. on July 07, 2017, 05:59:23 AM
Anybody have a go to product to clean up the inside of the engine? Seafoam or something like that? What about an injector cleaner?
Don't see an issue for the chamber and injectors . Seafoam should do that in the fuel. I'd not screw with the oil side of things though. Do you feel there's a need to do this?
Ron

Panzer Jr.

Hey Ron,
Just time to run something through it. Feels like I have a very slight hesitation when I romp on it, like it bucks just a tiny bit. Want to clean it up a bit and get rid of what gunk may be building up. Just looking for suggestions on good cleaners.
Tanks!

Hossamania

Have you tried fuel from different gas stations?
How's the air filter looking?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

rbabos

Quote from: Panzer Jr. on July 07, 2017, 08:35:23 AM
Hey Ron,
Just time to run something through it. Feels like I have a very slight hesitation when I romp on it, like it bucks just a tiny bit. Want to clean it up a bit and get rid of what gunk may be building up. Just looking for suggestions on good cleaners.
Tanks!
You can pump all the crap you want through it but most likely the hesitation and ill running in the 25-3500 range is the EPA tune. We all bitch about that until it's tuned. Runs a lot cooler too after as in fans don't cycle near as much. Try some seafoam if you wish. Won't hurt anything and worth a shot, just in case you get lucky and in fact the injectors are crudded up. What model of v rod do you have?
Ron

Panzer

Most everyone here recommends Sea Foam.
I have it in my scoot.
I think if you read the bottle it says 1oz to a gallon.
Won't hurt to use 2ozs per gallon with a full tank, there after 1 oz per gal.
Should clean the injectors too.  :up:
JMO
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.