March 28, 2024, 02:54:18 AM

News:

Linkert Venturi

Started by motorhead, February 28, 2017, 05:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhead

I am rebuilding my linkert M-74 carb. Took out the venturi sleeve for inspection. My question is what goes on in the venturi while it is runnin? What does the outside hole do that connects to the venturi slot? I have some posts that say it is the float over flow? And is there a preference for brass float or other man made materials.   Preciate any thoughts on these subjects.    Motorhead

PC_Hater

I would happily continue to use a working brass float in good condition. But it is getting a bit old now and they can and do get pinholes in the joints and then they stop being floats!
I would happily replace a dead brass float with one of the modern synthetic replacements that are available.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

58Tin

liberty@npoint.net or try  309 246-3509 ask for Tom-his durable floats are same weight as originals and won't leak and sink like brass.  Been using one for the last 5/6 years in a 74B with no problems.

motorhead

Thanks for the info on the float. After some research on the venturi sleeve I came to the conclusion that all the venturi does is create a constriction in the carb that increases the velocity through this area of the carb which in turn creates more vac to suck the gas out the nozzle. Long story short, I don't think it neccesary to take out the venturi unless there is some wear around the sleeve ends. Pans Forever