March 28, 2024, 03:05:35 AM

News:

Wild Boar Audio

Started by calif phil, January 19, 2018, 06:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calif phil

I was able to score a deal on a $799 retail price Wild Boar Audio (hog tunes premium line) 400 watt amp and two speaker kit for my '14 FLHX.   I have always used Biketronics and have been very satisfied with them, but thought I would try the Wild Boar stuff in my bike.  The amp fit like a glove and was very easy to install.   The speakers fit inside the stock plastic housing and the wiring was plug and play with the exception of running the amp leads to the battery.  The sound is not just louder but very high quality sounding.  So far I am really liking this kit.  The only negative thing is the stereo needs to be reconfigured by Harley or Techno research to change the setting to "4 speakers No Amp".

Hossamania

I had my heart set on the Biketronics gear, now I have to consider this set up as well. I would assume they have a four speaker set up also? Your saying it is louder and crisper sounding than the Biketronics?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

calif phil

Not sure if it's louder but the sound quality seems better and it has great bass.   

PoorUB

Quote from: Hossamania on January 19, 2018, 07:37:37 AM
I had my heart set on the Biketronics gear, now I have to consider this set up as well. I would assume they have a four speaker set up also? Your saying it is louder and crisper sounding than the Biketronics?

What he hell!
First no radio, then, "well I guess I do like the radio!" And now you need a better radio?

Obviously you are not to be trusted!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hossamania

PUB, it's so sad that I'm trying to decide between cams and a tune, new Ohlins shocks, or a much louder stereo.
The saddest part is that the stereo is winning out!
I am so not to be trusted.
But for sure I'm not getting no damn RoadGlide! Those things are ugly.

Hossamania

Quote from: calif phil on January 19, 2018, 08:02:04 AM
Not sure if it's louder but the sound quality seems better and it has great bass.

Thanks for that info, I will have to look into that system.

Gerry Smith

Cali Phil I talk to you on the phone about  this for my 2016 Road Glide. I have 4 speakers  and a 2 amp set up.  I can't get it to work. I was told my radio has to be updated. Hogtunes sent me a thumb drive and still cant get my radio updated. 2016 Road Glide ultra. This has my head pounding. I'm not much of a computer guy. Installing the 2 amps is a BIG pain in the ass. Not much room in the fearing. I could rant on for hours on this NOT being plug and play.
Just do it while you can.

gordonr

I have not seen or heard the new WBA but looking at the specs or lack of, the BikeTronics 4X180watts per channel 2 ohm stable (that means 4 speakers sound great with a single 2 channel titan amp) and smaller foot print than the 2 WBA amps still remains the best choice in this class.  I just finished an install using Hertz SPL Show speaker products. 2- 6.5", 2-8", 2-ST35 tweets and 2-ET25.5 tweets Using one BikeTronics Titan 4 channel amp and Pioneer 80-PRS. Hands down the best sounding system I've ever heard.
"If was easy everyone would do it"

Leed

uh huh...   :pop: :hyst:
Quote from: Hossamania on January 19, 2018, 05:04:23 PM
PUB, it's so sad that I'm trying to decide between cams and a tune, new Ohlins shocks, or a much louder stereo.

HD/Wrench

Running Two Diamonds amps and Hertz SPL  now  ....  compared to stepping up from hogtunes ( junk over a short time returns are great but when you have failures over and over  screw it intot he trash can it goes  ) to Biketronics WOW as a kit  !!!!  to swapping out to the latest system.. Its all in steps and when you compare one to the next well you get the idea .. I would still tell people to buy the BT kit can call it good .

My experience with HT is not unlike others in fact I would love for Ultranutz to step in .. He does a ton of installs and has seen just about everything .. Great guy to bounce ideas off of .  :up:

skunk

Quote from: Leed on March 11, 2018, 09:57:24 AM

All good things come in time, now that you have accepted stereos into your heart its just a matter of time :SM:..........................

Hossamania

Quote from: skunk on March 18, 2018, 08:13:06 AM
Quote from: Leed on March 11, 2018, 09:57:24 AM

All good things come in time, now that you have accepted stereos into your heart its just a matter of time :SM:..........................

No, no way.
But there was a really good looking one on Craigslist this morning...
Wait, no! Can't do it! I must stick to my principles.
Who am I kidding, I have no principles. Hell, I've been looking at those butt ugly BMWs.

Hossamania

Quote from: calif phil on January 19, 2018, 08:02:04 AM

Phil, have you had much of a chance to run it through it's paces yet? How's it working out?

calif phil

Yes Hoss   I have and I really like it.   I just sold a Roadglide Ultra kit to a friend of mine in FL and he said it took him 5 hours to install it.   He is pretty picky and he is equally impressed.   The RoadGlide Ultra kit has 4 speakers and two amps.    I am going to install another WildBoar kit in a triglide next week. 

Gerry Smith

I bought the Wild boar  Audio for my 2016 Road Glide ultra. I installed it and it didn't play any better than my stock radio. They sent me 2 more/new amps and I installed them. Same thing DIDN'T Work any better than stock. On a good note they sent me a shipping label and I sent every thing back. FULL refund too. I did get a call from them and I was offered a new setup for $500.00 less than what they sell for. While I was trying to get this 2 amp and 4 speakers to play right I called the company up. I talk to Scott and ask him if it sounded right. He didn't know. He told me to get a fresh set of ears to see if it sounded right. Me thinking 600 watts should not have to ask if it sounds better than stock. I think they are full of it NOT 600 WATS. Now looking for a nice setup for a 4 speaker amp set up.

biggzed

Are there gain or crossover adjustments on the amp, or is it non-adjustable? Could just be a tuning issue.

Zach

Quote from: Gerry Smith on April 05, 2018, 04:54:30 AM
I bought the Wild boar  Audio for my 2016 Road Glide ultra. I installed it and it didn't play any better than my stock radio. They sent me 2 more/new amps and I installed them. Same thing DIDN'T Work any better than stock. On a good note they sent me a shipping label and I sent every thing back. FULL refund too. I did get a call from them and I was offered a new setup for $500.00 less than what they sell for. While I was trying to get this 2 amp and 4 speakers to play right I called the company up. I talk to Scott and ask him if it sounded right. He didn't know. He told me to get a fresh set of ears to see if it sounded right. Me thinking 600 watts should not have to ask if it sounds better than stock. I think they are full of it NOT 600 WATS. Now looking for a nice setup for a 4 speaker amp set up.

Gerry Smith

There is a A B C setting. For the 2 amp 4 speaker setup I had to set it on the A setting.

Gerry Smith

All the problems I had I wouldn't pay $500.00 for the Wiled boar. I don't think they told me the truth as to why it didn't work. What did they tell you Phil?

hotroadking

Quote from: calif phil on March 21, 2018, 12:21:23 PM
Yes Hoss   I have and I really like it.   I just sold a Roadglide Ultra kit to a friend of mine in FL and he said it took him 5 hours to install it.   He is pretty picky and he is equally impressed.   The RoadGlide Ultra kit has 4 speakers and two amps.    I am going to install another WildBoar kit in a triglide next week. 

It took "who" 5 hours to install it?  :kick:

Gerry Smith

I got my cell phone bill. Calling from the USA to the people at Wild Boar Audio in Canada only cost me $60.00. A big thanks for wasting my time and money. They sent me some JUNK that didn't work. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.  Phil I had a gut feeling about this but you told me it is a good sound for the money. No sound at all and it cost me a bunch of money.

calif phil

Gerry, Hog Tunes has a USA number. USA: (608) 554-7631     I am sorry that your experience was not good.   I rode my bike last night and was amazed at how good Zeppelin sounded blasting out of my Wild Boar Speakers.   I sold the same set as yours to another customer with a new Roadglide ultra and he loves it.  I am set to install another streetglide system next week.  You purchased your system direct from Hog Tunes and they issued you a full refund.   I'm not sure other companies would do the same.   

Coyote

Quote from: Gerry Smith on March 05, 2018, 11:34:51 PM
Cali Phil I talk to you on the phone about  this for my 2016 Road Glide. I have 4 speakers  and a 2 amp set up.  I can't get it to work. I was told my radio has to be updated. Hogtunes sent me a thumb drive and still cant get my radio updated. 2016 Road Glide ultra. This has my head pounding. I'm not much of a computer guy. Installing the 2 amps is a BIG pain in the ass. Not much room in the fearing. I could rant on for hours on this NOT being plug and play.

With your year bike/radio, you must reflash the radio to flatten the audio. If you did not do this, any aftermarket amp/spkrs will sound like crap.

Gerry Smith

Phil they sold it to me and told me I did NOT have to reflash my bike. they sent me a thumb drive and it still did not work. Yes I did get a refund BUT I still had over $100.00 into some thing that didn't work. I think it was in the wiring my self. they told me they had a problem with a road glide there selves. Scott Told me NO I don't have to reflash my bike and now you say I do. Some one needs to get there info right. OVER PRICE JUNK in my book!

Gerry Smith

My bike is a 2016 Road Glide ultra. 4 speakers. the one amp 2 speaker setup might be ok. Plug and play they say. no flash they say. Any thing to get a sale I say. :wtf:

calif phil

I didn't sell you your kit, I didn't say you need to flash it.  All I told you was I loved my system and I still do.      I am sorry I offered you advice.  I will continue to sell Wild Boar audio with confidence that my customers will love it. 

I am done commenting on this thread.