April 19, 2024, 06:49:55 PM

News:

Audio control knob ?

Started by ViseGrips, October 23, 2018, 12:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViseGrips

I just lost my audio control knob..07 SG...has anybody used an alternative other than the OEM ?....that darn little pointy thing drew blood twice today..

Breeze

I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

ViseGrips

October 24, 2018, 06:10:04 AM #2 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 06:34:32 AM by ViseGrips
 Thanks Breeze;. :up:..it's only about 8 bucks for that knob according to ''Ronnie's''   so that's about 10 bucks or so Cdn here at the dealer if they have it in stock...but I just thought there might be something else somebody might be using or tried for a quick fix if the dealer has to order it in.

Breeze

I don't recall any "button" problems on forums in a long time. Just yesterday a guy asked if there was any trick to installing a new one. His new one went on a little, and he was afraid he would break the internals if he pushed too hard to seat it.  :scratch: I know I would be hesitant to put much pressure on the stem.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

ViseGrips

the one I just recently lost fell off on the floor about 2 years ago...I picked it up..looked it over and pushed it firmly back on as far as it would go..it was a tiny little bit wobbly horizontally after that...perhaps the hole in the plastic knob got oblong/out of shape from usage...if I still had it I would put crazy glue or something similar on the pin and shove it back on as far as it would go without hesitation ...I'm not sure if there's a tiny metal receptacle in the knob for the pin though because I didn't look.

crock

Quote from: ViseGrips on October 28, 2018, 11:44:50 AM
the one I just recently lost fell off on the floor about 2 years ago...I picked it up..looked it over and pushed it firmly back on as far as it would go..it was a tiny little bit wobbly horizontally after that...perhaps the hole in the plastic knob got oblong/out of shape from usage...if I still had it I would put crazy glue or something similar on the pin and shove it back on as far as it would go without hesitation ...I'm not sure if there's a tiny metal receptacle in the knob for the pin though because I didn't look.

NO CRAZY GLUE as I have found the fumes affect the switch(At least mine did) Found a hot glue gun works pretty good
Crock