Let's see your in-dash flip up monitor/GPS setups for older (2009) Touring bikes

Started by x1rider, October 31, 2018, 06:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

x1rider

Hi everyone, I recently decided I would like to have a larger screen in-dash head unit setup with GPS and possibly iPhone connectivity for my 2009 StreetGlide and would like to see what other members have come up with. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

x1rider

Just realized that double din inner fairings are available for older StreetGlides, feel free to post double din upgrades as well, thanks!

FurryOne

Quote from: x1rider on October 31, 2018, 07:36:42 AM
Just realized that double din inner fairings are available for older StreetGlides, feel free to post double din upgrades as well, thanks!

Check with Volunteer Audio.  They sell a Sony XAV AX5000 setup for 14-17 baggers.  Maybe they can suggest a kit for your 2009?

CVOThunder

Fairly recent post so I'll ask here and see if anyone has looked into this. I have a 2011 CVO Ultra with the HK radio and thinking about going to double din screen type radio. I see the Metra 95-HDIF inner fairing replacement but wonder if there are other options as well. I'd like to retain the padded dash and it looks like the Metra inner panel is formed different.

I'd also like to check on Rushmore controls that can be rewired to control an aftermarket radio. I see the kits available for newer bikes and aftermarket radios but wonder if the controls can be made to work on older bikes. Might be a can bus issue and using a serial type bus which the older bikes wouldn't have. I asked this question when the Rushmore bikes came out and it wasn't possible at that time to install newer controls to an older system. Just wondering if anyone has made something over the last few years.
Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.

Breeze

"Double Din".  It didn't take long for me to learn something today. Thanks Google.  :baby:
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.