March 28, 2024, 10:14:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Finally: A solution for installing a GTS Head Unit in 14-18 Touring models!

Started by FurryOne, February 12, 2019, 04:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FurryOne

OK, here's the story on the interface that allows you to install the GTS into a 2014-2018 bike...

You can now pre-order the interface. The price is $450 + $15 shipping, and the part number is SC-GTSi. You can order it by calling Soundz, Inc. at (386) 256-2200 or (605) 274-3535. Pre-orders will be shipped out a few days after the 18th of this month. (I notice in the email below that shipping may now be included?)

Here is the email from Soundz, Inc.:

-T-Harness for seamless plug and play integration
-Designed by SOUNDZ, powered by NAV-TV
-Only needs zoned by dealer, available worldwide
-To activate CarPlay, WHIM module must be enabled, does not have to be purchased
-$450 includes harness and interface plus shipping

================================================

The GTS Head Unit, HD part number 76000829 is available online from Boardtracker ($1653.00), or Surdyke ($1662.45).

FurryOne

Wow, no questions or comments. (no, I didn't order one since I barely use the 6.5GTS in my '17 SGS for anything more than a distraction.)

PoorUB

Perhaps not many people are buying the GTS head? I can see where it not be a fast moving item! $1500 for the GTS head and another $500 for the interface. Well out of my price range!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Coyote

I forwarded this to a friend that has been wanting the new HU in his bike. Too expensive overall IMO but I told him at least he has a choice now.

I wonder how the good the new HU will sound if retrofitted in an older bike.

Be interested to hear from someone who has tried it though.

PoorUB

I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

FurryOne

Quote from: PoorUB on February 15, 2019, 06:10:21 PM
For half the price you can swap our speakers and add an amp!

So for half the price you can put lipstick on a pig.  It's still a pig, and you still don't have the features the come with the new GTS.  People like the GTS for it's new features.

Buglet

CVOThunder

Looks like a good system Peter has. Might think about it but between the cost of audio upgrades then the cost of beefing up the 2015 twin-cam, trading for a new ride is starting to make more sense. Have to think about this one.
Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.