April 18, 2024, 12:20:47 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Harmon Kardon, no fader?

Started by skunk, February 23, 2019, 07:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skunk

Thought this  take out Harmon Kardon unit was from a Ultra but I guess it is not? Put it in a 08 RG and added rear speakers and the plug to wire them in. I cannot find an option in the menu for the fader. All 4 speakers have sound. Is the fader option something that can be upgraded easily? Dealer item or a way I can do it myself? TIA

Coyote

Needs to be programmed by a dealer or someone with a Techno Research Centurion. Takes 30 seconds to do.

PoorUB

Quote from: Coyote on February 23, 2019, 08:21:49 AM
Needs to be programmed by a dealer or someone with a Techno Research Centurion. Takes 30 seconds to do.

So $75 dollars should cover it then? :potstir: :hyst:

I wanted the dealer to enable something in the ECM. I called in the the service writer told me it would be one hour. I told him the job take 5 minutes tops, maybe 15 with writing up the paper work. He didn't budge. A few weeks later I was at the dealer and the service manager walked by and visited with me for a couple minutes. I asked him when and how much? He waled over the his desk, looked at a couple things, and asked how about right now and $20? I had him do it. It was a nice day so they just brought the tool out to the bike and in about 5 minutes I was on my way.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

skunk

February 23, 2019, 10:02:55 AM #3 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 11:07:32 AM by skunk
Thank you. yep, I bet .5 hr min charge, maybe 1.0 at some dealers. Dealer and tech both have to eat, and software subscriptions to the mothership. I was hoping there was an easier( read; cheap ass Irishman) Do they just plug into the 4 wire data link on the left, or can it be done just carring the head unit in, fairing is currently off? If not I might see if I can negotiate (cold 12pk in tourpack) that in with some dyno time at my local dealer when Larry gets done with my heads and I get the motor back together.

Coyote

Yes, it's done via the data link connector. You'd have to ask Larry if he has the tool to do it though.

skunk

Dyno time would be at my local dealer, not close to Larry

PoorUB

Quote from: skunk on February 23, 2019, 10:02:55 AM
Thank you. yep, I bet .5 hr min charge, maybe 1.0 at some dealers. Dealer and tech both have to eat, and software subscriptions to the mothership.

I don't have a problem paying for the flash, but paying a full hour for 5 minutes work is unreasonable. I need to eat too.

skunk

I agree, by the time the tech gets the ticket and the bike, does the paperwork it reality it should be a .3-.5 (closer to .3 IMO) flag time. No way is it a hour job, nor should it flag as one. And when shop labor around here is going for 110-115 hour. Even at .5 its 55.00

PoorUB

I said 5 minutes, it may have been longer, but from the time he agreed to do the job, to the point when I paid the bill couldn't have been 10 minutes. The flash to maybe two minutes, tops. The rest of the time was to write it up, and to pay the bill.