March 28, 2024, 08:43:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

carb

Started by cosmiccowboy, August 13, 2013, 09:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmiccowboy

have a 47 el project going and need a carb. thinking about a mikuni since its not a show bike don't want to spend the money for a linkert. i can order a new one but i need to know specs, jet sizes, needle, and 36 0r 38. bike is a chopper with standard bore, andrews n cam, 7.5 to 1 pistons, stock timer, not looking for a hot rod bike just a good runner thats easy to start. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks CC

cosmiccowboy

is anyone running a mikuni on a 61 cubic inch engine? what do you have for a needle and jets? i was hoping someone could offer an oppinion on this as i don't want to spend extra money on jets ect when i can order it the way i want. thanks for the help. cc

blindbowman

well I can add something I don't know if it will help or not .. when I got my chopper it had a mikuni on it, it was on a 45 cu flathead .,I know the own before me got the chopper in 1967 ...that carb is still out in my shop . let me check and see if it has a number on it ., that will get you some where in the ball park ...be back in a few ,got to go out to the shop ....

blindbowman

November 09, 2013, 05:49:44 PM #3 Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:11:43 PM by blindbowman
the carb is a AMF Harley -Davidson carb 860A NG4L , it ran on a 1967 flathead motor and the bike broke down in 1971