April 23, 2024, 12:21:31 AM

News:

just finished my Winter project

Started by jmorton10, April 09, 2019, 11:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmorton10

I took my primary etc. apart at the end of the Summer. My rear belt was missing six teeth (second time) & I decided to go to a chain drive (124" motor with nitrous & air shift).  The day after I took it apart, Winter hit here in a big way & I lost interest for working on the thing.

I just got it done & running with new rear chain & a solid engine sprocket instead of the compensator.  I was interested to see how much different it would feel with the chain & solid sprocket  Since I haven't ridden it in months, it was sorta hard to A/B but I honestly could hardly feel any difference at all.  It is just as smooth as before when cruising & shifts instantly using my Pingel air shifter.  I am 100% happy with the new setup.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Pete_Vit

Quote from: jmorton10 on April 09, 2019, 11:27:27 AM
I took my primary etc. apart at the end of the Summer. My rear belt was missing six teeth (second time) & I decided to go to a chain drive (124" motor with nitrous & air shift).  The day after I took it apart, Winter hit here in a big way & I lost interest for working on the thing.

I just got it done & running with new rear chain & a solid engine sprocket instead of the compensator.  I was interested to see how much different it would feel with the chain & solid sprocket  Since I haven't ridden it in months, it was sorta hard to A/B but I honestly could hardly feel any difference at all.  It is just as smooth as before when cruising & shifts instantly using my Pingel air shifter.  I am 100% happy with the new setup.

~John
:up:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

92flhtcu

excellent, I had the same winter blah's and my main bike is still apart. But as of this week, I'll have everything here to start assembly.
I've spent little stretches all winter cleaning hardware and stuff you never get to clean when i is together
Need a bigger garage

NHBagger

Which comp eliminator did you decide to go with?

jmorton10

HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

HighLiner

Can't recall so was this a crate engine?

jmorton10

Quote from: HighLiner on April 15, 2019, 07:45:58 PM
Can't recall so was this a crate engine?

Yes, the H.C. model with 640 EZ start cams.

~John