April 25, 2024, 12:08:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

American Elite tires

Started by Snowyone, August 23, 2018, 12:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

Quote from: Hossamania on April 17, 2019, 05:09:05 AM
Just a review after about 500 miles on new tires. I swear, every time I forget how nice new tires make all the ills of poor handling go away. No need for new neck bearings, swingarm bushings, etc. Who knew?

Yep, new tires like to "fall" into the corners easier. The flat center rear tire is like trying to lay over a rolling pin!

As for the neck bearings, I would take the time to tighten them. My bet they are loose, they always are!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

scootertrash1

I've had a need to check neck bearings twice on my 2010 Ultra. Both times I needed to adjust and it was worthwhile the time to do so.

Hossamania

Quote from: PoorUB on April 18, 2019, 03:58:00 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on April 17, 2019, 05:09:05 AM
Just a review after about 500 miles on new tires. I swear, every time I forget how nice new tires make all the ills of poor handling go away. No need for new neck bearings, swingarm bushings, etc. Who knew?

Yep, new tires like to "fall" into the corners easier. The flat center rear tire is like trying to lay over a rolling pin!

As for the neck bearings, I would take the time to tighten them. My bet they are loose, they always are!

I had the shop check them while putting on tires, they were loose. They tightened them up, nice steering feel again, and no clunk in the front end. No broken fairing brackets, which was also good news.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

88b

My Victory comes standard with E3's I've had two rear wheels slips due to greasy roads possibly with diesel on them too . Been really pleased with them , and when my RG needs tyres again I'll give going with E4's .

egstandard

PoorUB. That's some funny "Potty mouth".

Jim Bronson

Quote from: IronButt70 on August 23, 2018, 01:37:16 PM

Don't know what to say. My rear MCII has 17k on it and not down to the wear bars. Usually get near 20k on rears and 25-30k on fronts. 17 FLSTC converted to bagger.  :nix:
Well something's wrong with mine then. I have maybe 14k on my front MC2, and it is near the wear bar. The rear still has a lot of rubber left.  :wtf:
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.