April 26, 2024, 09:11:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Replacement Battery 2015 Road Glide

Started by lilchief, April 01, 2019, 06:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilchief

Amongst a bunch of other stuff I need to get done, I need to get a new battery for my 2015 RG. I really don't want to drop the $200 plus that the dealerships want for one.
What are you guys suggesting for a replacement? The stock one lasted about 4 years.
Thanks,
Lil Chief

road-dawgs1

'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Panzer

Try www.Batterymart.com
Ship right to your door, fast too, good prices.  :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

fleetmechanic

April 01, 2019, 07:37:06 PM #3 Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 07:42:32 PM by fleetmechanic
DEKA ETX30L.  We get them from Hi-Tech Battery Solutions online.  Free shipping.  In the door for about 100.00 and they last at least 4 years of our use, some of which involves a lot of sitting idle on sidecar bikes that are only used on snowy days.

kd

KD

calif phil

You need to come visit.  I know a guy that can fix you up.   :chop:

lilchief

Rob L

kd

KD

lilchief

Got one on the way from Phil. I know he wouldn't sell me junk, so ya gotta go with what ya know and who ya trust! Thanks Phil!

Lil Chief

Heinz

In the past I've always gone with Deka but with a new HP engine I thought I would try aThrottle X battery that has 600 CCA, which is 50% more than stock/Deka. I got it on sale directly from the manufacturer free shipping for a good price. I just hope it lasts. I was getting an easy four years out of the Deka.

lilchief

Quote from: Heinz on April 06, 2019, 09:23:31 PM
In the past I've always gone with Deka but with a new HP engine I thought I would try aThrottle X battery that has 600 CCA, which is 50% more than stock/Deka. I got it on sale directly from the manufacturer free shipping for a good price. I just hope it lasts. I was getting an easy four years out of the Deka.

I took a look at those as well. There's alot of them of Amazon, and the reviews were good, but I didn't see any long term reviews. Keep us posted on the life of that battery if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Lil Chief

CndUltra88

https://shoraipower.com/battery?type=175&make=381489&model=381493&year=381493
Is what came with my new to me 2011 Road Glkide Ultra.
Put it on a tender last fall and turned that on once a month till March 28th of this year when I installed it and insured the bike.
No idea how long the previous owner had it installed, but the dam thing is light.
Not for everyone I am sure and for that money I certainly would not have gone and bought one to try for chits and giggles.
But, if it knorks up I'll let you guys know.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

crazy joe

April 13, 2019, 06:09:37 PM #13 Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:21:43 PM by crazy joe
Quote from: calif phil on April 02, 2019, 04:53:17 AM
You need to come visit.  I know a guy that can fix you up.   :chop:

:up: Best Customer Service : )