April 24, 2024, 09:44:17 PM

News:

180 Front tire

Started by Prostock, April 02, 2019, 01:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prostock

Customer wants me to install the kit.  18 X 5.5  Thinking of Bad Dad.  Bike is a 18 RGS.  Has any one ride or have ridden on of these and how is the handling.

Durwood

Quote from: Prostock on April 02, 2019, 01:02:25 PM
Customer wants me to install the kit.  18 X 5.5  Thinking of Bad Dad.  Bike is a 18 RGS.  Has any one ride or have ridden on of these and how is the handling.
Scot, they ride and handle great. I didn't install it so I am unsure the kit brand.

calif phil

They ride fine.   Hawg Halters has a good kit. 

Prostock

Do you know what wheel manufacturer they used.

kd

Here's a recent thread with some info.  The kit mentioned has also been discussed here before.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=107787.msg1282317#msg1282317
KD

Nastytls

SMT makes wheels for fat from tires. 15%off right now.

Prostock

Darren, did it fit on the dyno front tire carriage.

kd

Quote from: Nastytls on April 02, 2019, 03:44:49 PM

It appears you have to use their pulleys and rotors too.
KD

HighLiner

Native Custom Baggers  :bike:

Durwood

Quote from: Prostock on April 02, 2019, 05:45:11 PM
Darren, did it fit on the dyno front tire carriage.
Yes. I have the non powered wheel clamp and once on there have someone strap it down before you get off of it.

Nastytls

Quote from: kd on April 02, 2019, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: Nastytls on April 02, 2019, 03:44:49 PM

It appears you have to use their pulleys and rotors too.

They make matching stuff, but you don't have to use it.

Buglet

I install a Native Bagger kit with the PM lowers, had no problem. Handles great. 

biggzed

I've been running 180 on the front and rear for almost 5 years. I love it. Looks, handling and ride are very good. I'm running a very low suspension set up, but if it were raised up a little you could be very aggressive in corners. I just don't ride like that for the most part.

Native Custom Baggers is the innovator of this kit. Give Paul a call at 269 276-9200. He can talk you through the options. There are a few depending on what year bike you are working on. Paul is a great guy. He's not out to sell you his entire inventory. He'll shoot straight with you.

Any other questions, just ask. Here's a pic of mine half way through a 1000 mile weekend.

Zach

Eglider05

Quote from: biggzed on April 05, 2019, 03:19:53 PM
Give Paul a call at 269 276-9200. He can talk you through the options. There are a few depending on what year bike you are working on. Paul is a great guy. He's not out to sell you his entire inventory. He'll shoot straight with you.

Zach

:agree: I bought a custom wide rear fender for my 05 Glide from Paul (NCB) many years ago and he was very helpful.

RRick