April 26, 2024, 04:47:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

17 Street Glide - Better ride w/o longer shocks?

Started by Eccool, April 04, 2019, 11:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eccool

Anyone ever improve the ride w/0 going to longer shocks?  If so, what brand did you use and roughly how much did the shocks cost.  Thanks!

Shoreglide

12" shocks are in reality the biggest reason for your poor ride quality.  Suspension travel of something like 2-2.5" will always be harsh, and is never going to be capable of a quality ride IMO. So take your pick-form or function? My RGU came with air shocks that were something like 13" and still had limited travel and bone jarring ride on many roads. It's now equipped with 14" shocks that provide the wheel travel and ride I desire. Good luck in your search.

wolf_59

I went with TerryCable 12" shocks still has 3" travel

hotbo

Terry cable touring low setup! Plenty of travel and very nice ride plus excellent support from Terry👍
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

1workinman

I am interested in a set also for my Road glide thanks 

Terry Davis

May 03, 2019, 03:58:10 PM #8 Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:45:31 PM by Terry Davis
Hey there,
  Just wanted to pop in and let you all know, if you have questions or comments about TerryCable Shocks you can message me.

kd

KD

Rockout Rocker Products

I have Ohlins 13" shocks on my '15 Limited Low..... it came with the MoCo 12" "premium" shocks. The stock shocks were so stiff they pretty much didn't move when sitting on the bike. The 13" Ohlins sag 1" when sitting on the bike so the ride height is the same, but with more travel. Unladen it sits a bit higher but it's not noticeable.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!