March 28, 2024, 08:32:22 AM

News:

Total scavenge oil change

Started by xlfan, April 13, 2019, 05:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

Hey! If it makes you sleep better at night then go for it. I wasn't picking on anyone, even most of the gys here that use it question the need for it.

But seriously,  yesterday you were out riding your Harley,  without a care in the world. Today the old is so bad it all needs to go. I just don't understand the logic behind it.

But if it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, knock yourself out!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Ohio HD

Quote from: PoorUB on April 15, 2019, 11:38:14 AM
Hey! If it makes you sleep better at night then go for it. I wasn't picking on anyone, even most of the gys here that use it question the need for it.

But seriously,  yesterday you were out riding your Harley,  without a care in the world. Today the old is so bad it all needs to go. I just don't understand the logic behind it.

But if it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, knock yourself out!

Has nothing to do with that. I still have no care in the world. If I wish to use something, what does it matter to you? You're entitled to your thoughts, we just don't need to hear all of them. Especially when they're not constructive.

djl

It cracks me up knowing that how someone changes oil cracks someone else up.:doh: When it's time to change oil why not change all the oil? :idunno: I guess it's like all the other choices we make; different strokes. :wink:

98fxstc

April 15, 2019, 03:04:16 PM #53 Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:35:37 PM by 98fxstc
My service manual schedules engine oil changes at 5000 miles
I don't believe that has changed for some considerable time even though we are using better oils (or some of us are)
The synthetic oils are capable of going for much longer and still retaining the required properties for lubrication and cooling
One big reason to not extend the service interval is that the oil change also achieves the removal of contaminants and fine metal particles which could damage the engine
How much would it take to clog up a lifter ? And consider the consequences  :dgust:
Why leave crap behind in the engine if you can avoid it ?

There are those who don't care or can't be bothered to do things the best way
Each to his own
Most who denigrate the more complete procedures have no appreciation of performance and maintenance and are still running stock bikes and drinking the MoCo koolaid.

1workinman

Quote from: djl on April 15, 2019, 01:32:32 PM
It cracks me up knowing that how someone changes oil cracks someone else up.:doh: When it's time to change oil why not change all the oil? :idunno: I guess it's like all the other choices we make; different strokes. :wink:
, I would like to change all of the oil also . I don't know if it will last any longer doing that but I doubt it will hurt lol 

Paniolo

And now the next series of questions,....

Does anybody know of a shop that does oil changes this way?
Would any of you consider bringing the gizmo to a shop and asking them to change the oil that way?

Thanks.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

jls 64

:agree:
I would have a performance Harley any day.

js