April 23, 2024, 09:28:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S Oil Line Relocation

Started by WhipLash96, April 14, 2019, 05:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

Ok, I saw this awesome video by GMR Performance demonstrating how to relocate the S&S external oil lines with a simple jig that's available through Vulcan Machine.  I looked this product up and saw that the jig specifically  was 06 and up T2 cases. I should be able to use this on the 99-06 T2 cases?
Thanks,
Whip

rigidthumper

Oil pan/Trans cases and oil routing is different on the 99-06 vs the 07-16. 99-06 used rubber oil lines, 07-16 used machined passages and a gasket.  S&S used the external lines on the 07-16 engine cases to avoid violating HD copyright/patent issues. The Vulcan jig allows the end user to ignore HD copyright/patent issues, and use the machined passageway/gasket setup.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

1workinman

For me I did not like the external lines that was used to make the cases work , might have been ok but it looked like a way to have a oil leak or worse . The engine that Steve did in the video was mine and I wont miss the oil lines . It looks a lot better to me that was also. It cost a few dollars more but I was good with that. I was going to install a temp gauge in it and that is where on of the lines was going damn . On both of my money pits I have a oil temp gauge to replace the silly air temp

Don D

This is how they are done here.

jsachs1

Done PROPERLY with the Vulcan style jig, the engine can remain completely together.  :up:
John

Rob L

I looked into this when I did the 124 in my bike. I was going drill the case with this jig but I wanted to keep the warranty S&S gives on the new motor. I drilled the trans case and ran the external lines. Its really not that big of a deal if you already have everything apart

jmorton10

Quote from: Rob L on April 15, 2019, 07:54:45 PM
I looked into this when I did the 124 in my bike. I was going drill the case with this jig but I wanted to keep the warranty S&S gives on the new motor. I drilled the trans case and ran the external lines. Its really not that big of a deal if you already have everything apart

I did the same, my lines have held up just fine for 4 years of riding.

I just checked them when I had my primary off & they are good as new.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Rob L

Quote from: jmorton10 on April 16, 2019, 08:00:02 AM
Quote from: Rob L on April 15, 2019, 07:54:45 PM

I did the same, my lines have held up just fine for 4 years of riding.

I just checked them when I had my primary off & they are good as new.

~John
it does suck they make you buy the drill jig separately for $140 and the oil line kit for another $140 but I guess it works out the same if you were to buy the drill jig or the case for Vulcan engineering for $300. Unfortunately I didn't know anyone that had either jig laying around that I could use instead of buying it