April 26, 2024, 02:17:58 AM

News:

vance and hines fp3

Started by das62, April 22, 2019, 07:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

das62

I have a 2013 electraglide classic that I what toput that fuel pak on, I can only find one place that has a 4 pin hookup and its under the seat....is this right? please help

Coyote

das62

all I see there is a connector that has 3 pins

Coyote

Look again. The one under the seat is the P/A connector.

The data link connector comes from the bundle running down the right side of the fuse block. It should be mounted to the back plate just under the fuse block.

[attach=0,msg1293517]

das62

there is only three pins in that

das62

does yours have 3 or 6 pins

Coyote

The data link connector is a four 4 pin connector, but it only has three wires connected to it. There may only be 3 pins installed as well.

Wire colors into it are

Black/Green
Light Green/Violet
Grey

das62

so iftherenisonly 3pins the 4 pin fp3 willworkproperly

das62

will the 6 pin work as well? reeeally don't wanna spend the money if I cant find the right one

Coyote

Quote from: das62 on April 22, 2019, 07:49:32 AM
will the 6 pin work as well? reeeally don't wanna spend the money if I cant find the right one

Sure on a different bike. lol

Quote from: das62 on April 22, 2019, 07:48:03 AM
so iftherenisonly 3pins the 4 pin fp3 willworkproperly

Will the FP3 work properly is another topic (but it has nothing to do with the wiring).  :wink:
3 pins are all the FP uses too.

rigidthumper

Six pin units are for canbus bikes, part number 66005.
Four pin units are for J1850 bikes, part number 66007.
Not interchangeable.
Your 2013 touring bike is a J1850 bike, and uses the four pin (66007) unit, if you are set on that.
Seen here: https://fuelpak.vanceandhines.com/

JMO, there are better tuners out there for not a whole lot more $.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Norton Commando

Quote from: Coyote on April 22, 2019, 07:25:24 AM
Look again. The one under the seat is the P/A connector.

The data link connector comes from the bundle running down the right side of the fuse block. It should be mounted to the back plate just under the fuse block.

[attach=0,msg1293517]

Coyote is correct about the location of the connector.

Note that the 4-pin connector, 66007, as shown in Coyote's photo has only three (3) pins installed. If your Fuelpak is designed to work with 4-pin connector 66007 you are good to go.

Jason
Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

Coyote

Quote from: rigidthumper on April 22, 2019, 07:55:49 AM
JMO, there are better tuners out there for not a whole lot more $.

:up:

Norton Commando

Oops, when writing my post I missed that Coyote had responded about only (3) of the (4) pin profile being utilized. 

Fuelpak is a tuner that everyone loves to hate. If your bike is stock except for V&H exhaust system and a less restrictive air filter, the Fuelpak will be reasonably effective at increasing performance and decreasing engine heat.

Jason
Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

kd

Quote from: Norton Commando on April 22, 2019, 08:09:36 AM
Oops, when writing my post I missed that Coyote had responded about only (3) of the (4) pin profile being utilized. 

Fuelpak is a tuner that everyone loves to hate. If your bike is stock except for V&H exhaust system and a less restrictive air filter, the Fuelpak will be reasonably effective at increasing performance and decreasing engine heat.

Jason

Key word, "reasonably".  The tuners on this site have voiced that opinion often and there is plenty of reading on here if you are interested in searching. As said, why not look at a better tuner for slightly more $$$$ ?  Having the lowest price has caused many people to buy it and then re-spend to get one that satisfies their needs.
KD

das62

thanks for the feedback guys