March 28, 2024, 08:18:36 AM

News:

Compensator eliminator???

Started by 89 fxrs, May 16, 2019, 01:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89 fxrs

anybody try using a compensator eliminator? would like to hear some feed back if you have, from what I've read it will quiet the noise down quite a bit and the possibility of it being not as smooth is not noticeable , what I'd like to hear is the pro's and con's of using one and which brands are recommended. the bikes that i'm considering using it on is a 2013 road glide and a 2012 CVO road glide
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

FXDBI

Do a search here you will find lots of talk about it. Been discussed more than once.   Bob

jrgreene1968

I've read where a person removed it and couldn't tell any difference, but then read another thread where a person removed it and put it back on  :nix:

ecir50

best way to handle such a controversial subject is to just do it and form our own opinion.

jrgreene1968

Quote from: ecir50 on May 16, 2019, 02:37:57 PM
best way to handle such a controversial subject is to just do it and form our own opinion.

I agree. If mine ever goes out, I plan to try it without.

92flhtcu

Luggers don't like them, most everyone else does
Need a bigger garage

Nastytls

Quote from: FXDBI on May 16, 2019, 01:13:49 PM
Do a search here you will find lots of talk about it. Been discussed more than once.   Bob

Once per quarter like clockwork...

jmorton10

This Winter I installed a rear chain conversion & a Vulcan solid engine sprocket to my 07 RK (124" motor). I have the newer Baker Adjuster & Bandit Sportsman with Trask forged basket.

I have an S&S lower end so I wasn't really worried about damaging it. I stayed with basically the stock gear ratios as I already have a DD7 Baker tranny & didn't really need it geared any stiffer.

It is every bit as smooth as it was before the swap.  I didn't get to directly A/B it as I had it apart all Winter but I am 100% happy with the swap. I've heard people say the solid sprocket vibrates more etc. but that has not been my experience at all.  Does it feel like a more direct hookup??  Maybe, but that may be all in my head.

I've had solid sprockets for years (I ran a 3" open belt drive for years & solid engine sprockets all the way back to my 1957 Panhead before that). I know my current setup shifting manually or with my Pingel air shifter is the smoothest shifting & cruising setup I have had in years.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS