March 28, 2024, 02:48:28 AM

News:

boom vs hog tunes

Started by bobrk1, December 26, 2018, 04:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrk1

Got a speaker  starting  to  go, was gonna  go  with  hog tunes  but  seeing  a lot  of  bad  talk about  them  saying  that  when  turned  up  that  they  are  not  clear , whats  your  experience  with  them  and  the  boom  speakers  just  want  to  buy  a  good  set thanks 

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Do you have an AMP? Most Speakers distort due to loss of power. I have done BOOM and HT. Both are good.
Tom

GaryD

AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

calif phil

HogTunes is better than Boom. 

GaryD

Quote from: calif phil on December 26, 2018, 09:36:50 AM
HogTunes is better than Boom.

I know Hog Tunes were better than H-D speakers back in the day, but I haven't seen any comparisons of the new Boom vs Hog Tunes to say which one is better. They both sound good to me.  I like to try to keep everything H-D on my TG - that way I don't have to worry about a warrantee problem in case something was to happen. JMHO
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

Rockout Rocker Products

I just checked & the PN for new 2019 Boom speakers is the same as for my '15 Limited. They were one of the very first things I changed.... a real disappointment for a $25,000 bike.
Go see Calif Phil  :up:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

psoff

Quote from: bobrk1 on December 26, 2018, 04:20:18 AM
Got a speaker  starting  to  go, was gonna  go  with  hog tunes  but  seeing  a lot  of  bad  talk about  them  saying  that  when  turned  up  that  they  are  not  clear , whats  your  experience  with  them  and  the  boom  speakers  just  want  to  buy  a  good  set thanks
HogTunes speakers are much better than the boom. The issue is the source of the music. No matter what speaker you use... If you have crap going into them you will have crap coming out of them. You didn't state if you were running a amp or plan on running an amp. To hear the difference you will need to have an "GOOD" amp pushing the Hogtunes. The boom 6.5" speakers are not all that bad but when you hit there upper limit they distort a lot.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Most of my customers are disappointed with the Boom. Especially the Roadglide's
Tom

bobrk1

Sorry  for  the  late  reply , not  going  to  install  a  amp just  wanted  to  replace  the  speakers  one  has  a  little  crackle 

bobrk1

:sorry  I  don't  have  a  amp