April 24, 2024, 08:33:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

rear speaker grill removal

Started by timcosby, March 14, 2019, 07:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timcosby

seems it would be simple and probably is but the four allen screws that hold the chrome ring on just spin and never come out. what the trick? :idunno:

Rockout Rocker Products

Those "nuts" are just rubber plugs with threads in the middle. When tightened they expand & fill the hole. I've had them just pull right out if I tighten too much. Sounds like yours are frozen to the screws, or maybe someone used loctite. Anyway, they should pull out with some pressure  :beer:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

timcosby

thank you. didnt want to go all cave man on it if i didnt need to.

Hossamania

Would spraying a little lube in there help with pulling the rubbers out, or not necessary?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

timcosby

they pulled out with some persuasion. they have metal thread nuts inside the rubber and they were just spinning. hopefully lll be able to tighten them back up on installation or maybe have to get new ones.

Hossamania

I would consider getting new ones if not too expensive, yours are now compromised. The problem might be availability in a reasonable time, my guess is the dealer probably does not have them in stock.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.