March 28, 2024, 06:26:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Supertrapp

Started by waltcentral, June 02, 2019, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltcentral

I indicated awhile back on another post the I was ordering a Supertrapp 2-1 for my 1983 shovel FLH.  I was told by Supertrapp that it would work with the 1983 FLH touring components and floorboards.  Long story short I work at a dealer and we ordered a 1800-1818 from Drag Specialties. There info says it will fit fx/fl/flh.

It will not fit floorboards or rear crash bars. Out Drag rep holds Supertrapp accountable but asked a few days to iron out the details because the system has been mounted. It looks like according to supertrapp the numbers stamped on the header and muffler are correct.

Instead of fitting close to and wrapping around the cam/gearcase cover it sits around 2" out from the cover.

I am approaching the screw it stage. Will probably do a Paughco chrome staggered dual tapered set and forget it.

guppymech

Does your Supertrapp look like the one on page 8 of the "Show those Shovels" thread?
'84 FXE, '02 883R

Burnout

On page 8

Rudi's SuperGlide does not have a SuperTrapp on it.
I think that is a Kerker but it does not make my list as it has a short rear cylinder pipe that does not help.

The longer rear cylinder pipe like on the Thunderheaders is a step above.

The other two Bikes had ThunderHeaders.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

waltcentral

That looks to be a Jardeen. Compared to the Supertrapp that was on my bike the front exhaust pipe was at least 2" aft of the points cover.

waltcentral

Just to let everyone know the Supertrapp system will not fit with floorboards or rear bag crashbars.  Our Drag specialties rep arranged to have Supertrapp take the pipes back. He seems to be a great guy and put all the blame on Supertrapp.......I am installing Paughco shorty duals and just took a few moments to grab a bite. Everything I did so far seems like two steps forward and one back.

waltcentral

Just to let everyone know the Supertrapp system will not fit with floorboards or rear bag crashbars.  Our Drag specialties rep arranged to have Supertrapp take the pipes back. He seems to be a great guy and put all the blame on Supertrapp.......I am installing Paughco shorty duals and just took a few moments to grab a bite. Everything I did so far seems like two steps forward and one back.