April 18, 2024, 02:13:08 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FXR 124" twin cam

Started by nosjunkie, November 25, 2018, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboprop

That full-length bushing in the trans looks like a really nice upgrade. I have seen so many FXR transmissions that had seized pivot shafts and had to have the shaft beat out of the case. Often times buggering up the hole. Even the cases that had shafts that slid out without force will typically have pivot holes that are out of spec. This is good.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

nosjunkie

Trying to get back working on the FXR... Life gets in the way sometimes...

Made a torque plate so I can hone the cylinders for the CP pistons.
[attach=0]  [attach=1]  [attach=2]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

klammer76

Glad to see you back. Enjoy watching your build.

nosjunkie

Made a plate to hold the cases..... Then bored them for the 124 cylinders.
[attach=0]  [attach=1]  [attach=2]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

Spot face the case half for the center through bolt.
[attach=0]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

Deye76

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

koko3052

I enjoy watching what you do, having the equipment is nice. :SM:
When I spot faced mine I built a mill to cut for an o-ring to seal the thru bolt. :wink:

Mattbastard

I am loving this build thread.  :up:

nosjunkie

Got the DarkHorse crank and some 2.1" valves for the heads.. Im going to take the cases in to let them do the timken conversion.. I dont own the jig..
[attach=0]  [attach=1]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

ecir50

nice seeing the motor build thanks for sharing.

nosjunkie

Got the bottom end almost done... Not sure if Ill run this cover.. Its kind of neat to be able to see the gears and plate... If I do it will get anodized or Powder coated. Might have to send the heads out as the Serdi is not cooperating...
[attach=0]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

klammer76

Glad to see the progress.

motolocopat

MotoLocoPat  2015 FLTRXS, 2013FLHX, 2010FXDF
2006 Ducati S2R1000, 2004 KTM950

nosjunkie

Got the motor buttoned up.. back on track with it.... the HPI stuff is so very nice... [attach=0]  [attach=1]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

koko3052

misfitJason

2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

Deye76

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

D-1

Quote from: nosjunkie on December 24, 2018, 04:45:52 PM
Put the 25mm bearings in the rear wheel.... I guess the 25mm bearing is quite a bit narrower... and they dont make a wider version... Ill need to dig into this further. I really like the added width..  [attach=0,msg1273292]

3205-2RS is a wider (same as 3/4 and 1" bearings) 25mm bearing to fit harley wheels. That is a NSK bearing, other brands might be 5205?

nosjunkie

I made it a little harder on myself with the triple trees.. I should have used the 207mm spacing in hindsight... it would have been easier to find a front wheel. I was going to run CF. but have a hard time with the price.. and the look is only ok IMO.. So I bought a custom built front wheel.. using an aluminum rim it only weighs 10lbs 14 oz. 

Andrei was a great guy to deal with.. had my order placed in about 10 min and it was at my door the next week..

Andrei Rybkin
HD Wheels Corporation
21352 Nordhoff St, Suite 114
Chatsworth, CA 91311

Phone: (818) 887-9065

Fax: (818) 887-9076

E-mail: andrei@hdwheels.com

Web Site: www.hdwheels.com

Wheel is a 17" 3.5 rim with 139mm brake rotor spacing and 25mm bearings
[attach=0]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

turboprop

NOSJunkey, I know that you know, but for everyone else, an oem harley narrow glide hub with sealed bearings is the correct width for use with a 207mm spaced inverted fork.  Rotors with zero offset will align perfectly with the calipers on a 207mm spaced fork.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

1workinman

Really nice work , I enjoy seeing the result thanks for posting it here

Armin

Incredibly great job, looking forward to the final picture and your report!

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

Nastytls

Quote from: nosjunkie on October 13, 2019, 07:43:45 AM
I made it a little harder on myself with the triple trees.. I should have used the 207mm spacing in hindsight... it would have been easier to find a front wheel. I was going to run CF. but have a hard time with the price.. and the look is only ok IMO.. So I bought a custom built front wheel.. using an aluminum rim it only weighs 10lbs 14 oz. 

Andrei was a great guy to deal with.. had my order placed in about 10 min and it was at my door the next week..

Andrei Rybkin
HD Wheels Corporation
Chatsworth, CA 91311

[attach=0,msg1318857]

Out of curiosity, did you have them seal it for tubeless application? I'd be curious to see how it works out for you if you did.

nosjunkie

Quote from: Nastytls on October 16, 2019, 04:33:12 AM
Quote from: nosjunkie on October 13, 2019, 07:43:45 AM

Andrei Rybkin
HD Wheels Corporation
Chatsworth, CA 91311

[attach=0,msg1318857]

Out of curiosity, did you have them seal it for tubeless application? I'd be curious to see how it works out for you if you did.

I did not. it will run a tube.
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

RaceTech got my shocks to me.. only about 2 weeks from order to my door.
[attach=0]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..