April 24, 2024, 03:06:42 PM

News:

How about CR570-2 cam with a 110 drop on kit?

Started by guesscrazy, August 20, 2019, 08:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shindig

Quote from: guesscrazy on September 25, 2019, 05:43:11 AM
I am going to swap the cam for something that will work better for a 110. Will get some 110 cvo heads and a larger throttle body.

At that point plan on larger injectors as well.  The whole build should be planned together.  Not just a mix match of parts "best" parts.  Talk to some of the vendors here for a complete package, even if you just buy the parts from them and do they work yourself.  Professionally prepped heads will perform better for you and the build than off the shelf CVO heads....

Don D

Would suggest cr575 and headwork. Add 15hp 7 torque. Not cvo heads.

guesscrazy

I was thinking might as well have the SE heads worked while I was at it. It is only money.lol
2014 Ultra Limited. 124 S&S kit , V&H Powerduals .Reinharts and alot or other do

guesscrazy

Quote from: HD Street Performance on September 25, 2019, 02:57:36 PM
If I were to use SE heads what head mods would you  recommend? Fixing up the paid for twin cam is much cheaper than trading for a M8. I have hefty budget and am probably going to repaint the scooter this winter. Be money ahead of guinea pigging a M8.
2014 Ultra Limited. 124 S&S kit , V&H Powerduals .Reinharts and alot or other do

guesscrazy

Quote from: shindig on September 25, 2019, 08:49:10 AM
Quote from: guesscrazy on September 25, 2019, 05:43:11 AM
I am going to swap the cam for something that will work better for a 110. Will get some 110 cvo heads and a larger throttle body.
What throttle body and injectors would you reccomend?

At that point plan on larger injectors as well.  The whole build should be planned together.  Not just a mix match of parts "best" parts.  Talk to some of the vendors here for a complete package, even if you just buy the parts from them and do they work yourself.  Professionally prepped heads will perform better for you and the build than off the shelf CVO heads....

Coff 06

Quote from: HD Street Performance on September 25, 2019, 02:57:36 PM

You should talk to this person directly.He can give you a no BS approach to your build  :wink:
I say this from experience.            Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

Langwilliams

I found a good deal on a set of CR 570 cams so I did a basic swap myself. If I ever chase big numbers or have a budget for worked heads an a total build I'll be calling Hillside they put together a nice set up for a fair deal. Experience is the best teacher an they have it.