April 26, 2024, 01:22:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

p-1353 code on tc88

Started by chas, September 08, 2019, 05:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chas

Hi All- I have gotten the p-1353 no combustion on front cylinder code. It happens when I accelerate then it goes out after a minute or two. I have had a studder in the motor, gas milage has sucked! Last summer it was the rear cylinder that gave me problems and it was solved by cleaning the injectors. I replaced the injectors this year and the code is still there. I have changed out the plugs, wires, coil, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator. any thoughts? I will double check the connections to see if they are tight,but besides that what else could cause a recurrence? Thanks in advance

rigidthumper

Did you use factory stock spark plugs and plug wires? Make sure the connections are clean and tight? I've seen a loose contact between the wire & the plug, and the wire & the coil, cause this code.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

chas

Do you really have to use stock wires? I used stock plugs then changed to ngk because i thought maybe the stock plugs were not good

rigidthumper

I have found false knock events and code producing events from aftermarket wires and plugs. The ION sense circuitry was designed for the specs of stock components, so they give the least issues.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

PoorUB

:agree:

Years back riders were using SE wires and other aftermarket wires with aftermarket spark plugs and getting codes. Stock wires and spark plugs would cure the bulk of complaints.

Nothing wrong at all with the factory spark plug wires or spark plugs. You will not see an improvement in performance running aftermarket parts.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

CW#

Low Compression is often due to a spark plug that is not properly torqued.
Whut Me Wurry?

motorhogman

Quote from: PoorUB on September 08, 2019, 09:48:36 AM
:agree:

Years back riders were using SE wires and other aftermarket wires with aftermarket spark plugs and getting codes. Stock wires and spark plugs would cure the bulk of complaints.

Nothing wrong at all with the factory spark plug wires or spark plugs. You will not see an improvement in performance running aftermarket parts.

I tried a set of Accel 8mm/ 300+ ferro spiral core..PN 175098 silly cone wires for a couple of mi a while back..  caused ping and ck eng lite to come on..

Application says.. TC 1999 to present..   NOT !

where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor