April 24, 2024, 11:58:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Compensator question

Started by JT Metal, September 13, 2019, 12:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT Metal

Common Sense tells me this last spring goes outward, is that correct? [attach=0]

kd

JT, do you have a service manual?  It is in the manual with a great description and way quicker than posting pictures and asking here.  The service manual is one of the best investments you can make if you intend on doing any of your own work.  BTW, you do have it right.
KD

No Cents

did you measure your comp stack height to see if you needed to add a spacer or two?
Now would of been the perfect time to check.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

JT Metal

Sorry for all the questions. But I'm thankful to the guys here that have helped me thru.....

Stack height? Haha. I probably should get a set ice manual.

1workinman

I just got finished doing that and replacing a basket , tensioner ect . If it was me I check the stack out height an get the shims if need mine had two shims so I put them back in there

kd

Here's a thread that you won't find in the service manual that should explain what No Cents and Workinman are referring to.  The dealer should have the shims if you need any.

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=82010.msg917659#msg917659
KD